Soup recipes?

KittyBling

Gold Member
Hi all,

I have recently developed a soup fetish and wonder if any of you have any good recipes? Must be low fat, of course, and whizzed up, don't like lumps! I have one for leek and potato and another for butternut squash and sage and I know it's only a matter of chucking stuff in and cooking it but just wondering if you'd tried something in particular and found it fabulous? Nothing that involves too much faffing around though!

Thank you,

KB x

I do a butternut squash, butterbean and bacon one that's deliscious also a sweet red pepper and tomatoe one. Both very simple . My other favourite is lumpy I'm afraid

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks, Kat, I love the sound of the butterbean one, can you give me more info? Do you use tinned beans? Does the bacon go on top, or in it? Thanks again,

KB x

I cut the butternut squash in half and take out the seeds. Then turn it upside down on a baking tray. Chop an onion and put it on the tray. Roast for approx 40 mins until soft . Roasting enhances the flavour and sweetness.

Cool slightly so you can easily pull the skin off and put the pulp into a large pan along with 2 veg stock cubes. I use Kallo. The onion and the tin of butterbeans.

Pepper and salt

Add enough water to cover

Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 mins.

You can also add chilli powder if you like a little spice.

Whilst simmering I chop and cook smokey bacon

Blitz the soup until smooth then add the bacon afterwards.

I cut the butternut squash in half and take out the seeds. Then turn it upside down on a baking tray. Chop an onion and put it on the tray. Roast for approx 40 mins until soft . Roasting enhances the flavour and sweetness.

Cool slightly so you can easily pull the skin off and put the pulp into a large pan along with 2 veg stock cubes. I use Kallo. The onion and the tin of butterbeans.

Pepper and salt

Add enough water to cover

Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 mins.

You can also add chilli powder if you like a little spice.

Whilst simmering I chop and cook smokey bacon

Blitz the soup until smooth then add the bacon afterwards.

Ooh was hoping you would post this :)

Back