Spangle's journey from bulbous to streamline

spangle_2

Dear Diary and viewers ... welcome to my weight loss journey, that I hope will take me from being bulbous to streamline. I know there my be tears along the way, but with your support I will remain strong and plod on through.

Yes, yes, yes, I've done the diets before, haven't we all. My weight was never an issue until I reached 30 and had my first pregnancy, then the second....oh how the weight went on. Best of all I was a midwifery manager at the time.... I could do all the talk to others about weight gain, but did not pay any heed myself.

I lost the weight, just under 4 stone and went on to run 4 slimming clubs for Slimming Magazine, however lying to myself .. I never followed the SM diet but used tablets to shed the weight and maintain for a few years. Silly silly girl!!

20 years on, here I am vastly overweight and unhappy with myself, making excuses and lying about why I couldn't go to a works party or other similar events. In July whilst away with my partner on holiday I spoke about paying for a gastric band, he persuaded me to try dieting for one last time and the following week I attended SW for the first time.

I can say with 100% honestly that I am following the diet totally, love the diet and the friends that I have made at the club since joining, my leader Emma just makes me smile. I never feel judged. My weight is up and down, but this is due to health rather than bad days/weeks as I am so much into my diet. The amount of food that I eat is phenomenal and I never go hungry. It helps that I don't drink alcohol.... stopped this years ago, somehow have stopped eating chocolate - unless it's in the house, so now I don't buy it, and have stopped picking.

I have a long long way to go to get to the streamline woman I'd like to be, but I can see it in my mind and know that I'll do it this time.... and most importantly the right and healthy way.

I'd be grateful if you felt like joining me and contributing to my diary along the way. :):):)

Eagerly awaiting my lunch, am having a huge roasted squash with home made ratatouille, just using up older veg in the kitchen.

Hi Spangle 2,

I've recently started SW again too, after not doing for 10 years. In the last week I've found this website absolutely brilliant, whether its for syn values, recipes or writing my own diary, to hopefully spur myself on!

I look forward to reading your diary in the future!

P.S. Your lunch sounds delicious. I've recently started buying lots of veg on a Friday, and do not want to throw any away, there's always normally a bit I forget about, so have been using the internet to find recipes to use up veg! I'm making cabbage and butterbean soup this evening, using chicken stock I made last night from a couple of chicken carcasses.

Hi Caroline
Good luck with your slimming world journey, I note that our BMI's are similar and so guess have the same aim of getting into the healthy section.
I love the way SW lets you eat... so much, so good and so tasty. My lunch was delicious, I just halved the squash, gave it a quick spray with fry light and into the oven..... no peeling. It was lovely and sweet and I chucked a chilli into the ratatouille so it had a nice kick.
I'm just about to go out and do some work for my local council, as a canvasser - collecting voter registration papers. The area they have given me just about kills me as every house is up or down a very steep and long slope. The week I had to deliver the letters I lost 8lbs, it had to be a huge weight loss or death, as I felt it just about killed me.... but boy, did I smile after getting off those scales.

I need to make some tea, but as I have a few days off work I'm finding I'm not as disciplined as usual, also as just back in from working can't be to bothered to start cooking , think it'll have to be jacket spud with salmon and salad tonight.
I've got a little milk left from my HEA so can still drink some white coffee. Whenever I'm away from home I always drink black coffee so that I know exactly where I am in my milk allowance. I used to just dash it into a cup whenever I had a coffee and didn't realise just how much I was consuming, and I was drinking massive amounts.
I've managed 5 syns so far today, as I love my porridge in the morning and always have an extra 28g - this makes my 5 syns. I usually try and stick between 5-10 on average each day.
I didn't manage as much walking this evening as I would have liked as it was down a country lane and all the houses were set back, felt quite vulnerable being alone, therefore I'll finish what I have to do tomorrow during daylight.

Slow start to the day, need to try and get my self moving. Have had my double dose of porridge which has given me 5 syns extra with breakfast.
Had a good hard look at myself in the mirror this morning, although I've can manage to get into a size 18 skirt now (started the diet wearing size 24), the skirts I have to wear are A line, as my apron is still very obviously there and it makes such a difference to my bottom half. I am still wearing size 20/22 jeans because of it..... how I long to see it gone.
Another problem area for me is what I call my "front bums", flabby areas at the tops of my thighs...... please please let them and the apron tighten up as I lose weight. I wonder if others feel the same as me?
Oddly enough my arms never gained weight, and fortunately I do not have 'bingo wings' to contend with, my partner always says that I have spaghetti arms... I take that as a compliment, however some toning up would be good.
On a brighter side, I intend to cook something new for dinner tonight... I'm going to look through my SW cook books and chose something tempting.
Hope all the others on this site are having a good start to the day.

Back