1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Spicy Salmon Fishcakes

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Eddie, 23 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Eddie

Eddie Full Member

Have just made this and are in the fridge (to firm up..) to cook for lunch.
    Question - do you think you can freeze or if not, how long would they last?

Ings - tinned salmon, chilli, spring onion, mashed butternut squash & carrotts, beaten eggs and spices.

Cheers, wil let you know what they taste like (at the moment they look like baby food..)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Slimming world
    oh i wanna make these. I would assume you can? cant you just freeze anything?
    looking forward to finding out how they taste.

I am gonna put my own recipe up on sw site in a mo. took a picture and everything!
  4. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

slimming world
    Yum - sound lovely!

Yeah, you can freeze fishcakes, they keep for ages, if you can lay them on a baking tray and freeze them. Then when they are hard, put them all in a freezer bag. Stops them sticking together that way. x
  5. Eddie

Eddie Full Member

thanks ladies, if they are nice might eat them all wi hubby...
    watch this space..

6. Eddie

Eddie Full Member

Verdict - worth trying.
    We both enjoyed as good healthy light lunch, but would prob not make every week if that makes sense.

Tips - were a tad soggy (even after resting in fridge for 2 hrs), so not sure if the egg is needed and also would make sure the BNS & carrots were drained really well.
    I used 1 BNS (£1.39 in value) and 6 small cantilly (sp) carrots and got 11 fishcakes.

I started mine with fry light in pan, but were breaking apart, so I grilled them and they browned better.

Will prob have the other 4 for my lunch on Monday.

Oh yeah, I made a little salsa to eat with it.
    Chopped tomatoes, 1/2 chilli, 1/2 diced onion, splash red wine vinegar, touch sweetner, S&P.

Worth a try though
  7. Eddie

Eddie Full Member

FNM - what is your recipe?
    Are you gonna post on recipe thread???

8. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Slimming world
    Hey sounds yum.
    I am gonna pop it on my diary so i remember how to do it lol.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.