Spicy Salmon Fishcakes

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Eddie, 23 August 2008.

1. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

Have just made this and are in the fridge (to firm up..) to cook for lunch.
    Question - do you think you can freeze or if not, how long would they last?

Ings - tinned salmon, chilli, spring onion, mashed butternut squash & carrotts, beaten eggs and spices.

Cheers, wil let you know what they taste like (at the moment they look like baby food..)

2. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

oh i wanna make these. I would assume you can? cant you just freeze anything?
    looking forward to finding out how they taste.

I am gonna put my own recipe up on sw site in a mo. took a picture and everything!
  3. Louise24

Louise24 Well-Known Member

Yum - sound lovely!

Yeah, you can freeze fishcakes, they keep for ages, if you can lay them on a baking tray and freeze them. Then when they are hard, put them all in a freezer bag. Stops them sticking together that way. x
  4. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

thanks ladies, if they are nice might eat them all wi hubby...
    watch this space..

5. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

Verdict - worth trying.
    We both enjoyed as good healthy light lunch, but would prob not make every week if that makes sense.

Tips - were a tad soggy (even after resting in fridge for 2 hrs), so not sure if the egg is needed and also would make sure the BNS & carrots were drained really well.
    I used 1 BNS (£1.39 in value) and 6 small cantilly (sp) carrots and got 11 fishcakes.

I started mine with fry light in pan, but were breaking apart, so I grilled them and they browned better.

Will prob have the other 4 for my lunch on Monday.

Oh yeah, I made a little salsa to eat with it.
    Chopped tomatoes, 1/2 chilli, 1/2 diced onion, splash red wine vinegar, touch sweetner, S&P.

Worth a try though
  6. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

FNM - what is your recipe?
    Are you gonna post on recipe thread???

7. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Hey sounds yum.
    I am gonna pop it on my diary so i remember how to do it lol.