sponge cake

I made the plain 'sponge' today and was disappointed to be honest. It was just like eating an omlette so went in the bin :-(

DOH!!!!!..................just realised it has already been posted!!

To be honest the SW desserts were not huge hit. My friend is allergic to cheese so can not have quark or fromage frais so cuts out a lot of SW desserts, she quite liked the choc muffins with raspberries and squirty cream I loved them and her hubby thought they were ok bu eggy. I was the only one that liked the lemon cake which was a bit disappointing. It is the sponge cake from this website with lemon juice and zest in it and greek yog flavoured with lemon. I would make it again but use quark for a filling and maybe put raspberries in it.

Thanks ill give it a try . Was really looking forward to some cake and it was just an oven baked omlette. Even went and bought an electric whisk just to make it!

the raspberry and lemon sponge cake from my blog that circes has posted is just like real cake, more syns of course than the ones made with mainly egg, but well worth it and 1/6th is a decent sized slice.

I've just made the chocolate cake. It's bitter and needs more sweetener than listed but I'm very pleased with it and will make it again.

Back