SS and the pill

sbridge7

Silver Member
Hi,
I'm due to start CD in 2 months and was curious as to whether being on the pill affects weight loss. I'm not on the pill for contraception, but to ease period pains and to make the flow lighter (sorry if this is tmi).

Thanks

Hey..
I am not really sure if it will make any difference hon..especially if you are already on it. I always thought when your first start it, it can make you gain weight... I used to be on the pill for exactly the same reason from when I was 16..
Perhaps someone else might be able to shed some more light x

Hey,

Well this is what I've been told by various doctors, but not sure how much of it is true:

The pill doesn't actually make you gain weight, it increses your appetite, which can obviously lead to weight gain if you give in to the hunger (I've been on it for years now and think I definately ate more!)

The plus side to CD is that you should lose your appetite when in ketosis, and so shouldn't feel hungry anyway (even people like us on the pill). My CDC also said that CD doesn't affect the pill working in anyway (phew!).

Hope this helps

Thanks for your replies :)
That's good to know as I always thought the pill would have a negative effect on weight loss with SS. That makes perfect sense about the increase in appetite, though :p

Hey,

Well this is what I've been told by various doctors, but not sure how much of it is true:

The pill doesn't actually make you gain weight, it increses your appetite, which can obviously lead to weight gain if you give in to the hunger (I've been on it for years now and think I definately ate more!)

The plus side to CD is that you should lose your appetite when in ketosis, and so shouldn't feel hungry anyway (even people like us on the pill). My CDC also said that CD doesn't affect the pill working in anyway (phew!).

Hope this helps

Liz is spot on! People often blame the pill for weight gain but in actual fact all it does is make you hungry!

Back