SS & S foods

what to do if there are not many in the list that I like to eat :confused: Think it would help me loose more if i could eat more so far all I seem to like from the list I have is carrots (Not raw yuk!!) strawberries, mushrooms, swede & passata!!

eeekk!! xx

not a fruit person then?
grapefruit, pomello ( like a huge grapefruit ), nectarines?

peas ( canned, fresh, frozen, mushy etc ), baked beans in a can ( most beans in fact.. ), beetroot ( fresh and pickled ), pickled cabage, pickled onions.. all speed or superspeed..
none of them take your fancy?

you could spice up the SS you dislike, I find mashed swede better than chunks have you tried sweetening the veg you hate? put a couple of sweeteners in the water whilst cooking!
fruit can be disguised in loads of ways in yoghurt ,jelly sprinkled with grated chocolate remember to syn lol...you use so much less grating pickle the veg dont be afraid to try things My palate has changed drastically I like quark and canned tuna, never in my life would i of eaten them so list the ones you hate I bet someone has the answer t your prayers .
ratatouille syn free is a good way of geting that super veg eaten..mash in spuds and make bubble n squeak syn some brown sauce mmmmm
xx

you could always try soup.. you'd be suprised what you can hide in a redish brown liquid once it's all blended..

Does anyone know if tinned chopped tomatoes are speed or super speed, or neither?

Oo I was gonna ask about beetroot, love it but thought it might be synned as it's pickled, nice to hear it's not only free but SS. :D

not a fruit person then?
grapefruit, pomello ( like a huge grapefruit ), nectarines?

peas ( canned, fresh, frozen, mushy etc ), baked beans in a can ( most beans in fact.. ), beetroot ( fresh and pickled ), pickled cabage, pickled onions.. all speed or superspeed..
none of them take your fancy?

Im not one for fruit lol! I eat mushy peas, pickled onions too!! I never even thought about soup!
Thank for all the posts :) xx

Try the things you think you don't like. Your tastes may have changed. Or you might like them if they are not overcooked (that's what happened to me with vegetables).

I agree, a lot of people who say they don't like fruit or veg do so because of hangovers from childhood. Look at this as a food adventure - an opportunity to try lots of new and different foods and recipes. Do that and you'll never get bored (which is important if you are going to be doing this for the rest of your life) and you never know - you may well find that you do actually like them now!

What about roasting veg? Courgette, carrots, onions, butternut squash, peppers, parsnips, sweet potato, beetroot, cherry tomatoes- they all taste great once they've been roasted.

I also have veg mash to go with meals. Any combination of carrot, swede, celariac, cauliflower, squash, parsnips etc. It also freezes well too.

When I was younger I always hated the boiled veg we had with our dinner, but couldn't get enough of the veg we had with sunday roasts- I realise now that the difference was the weekday veg were frozen! Fresh veg tastes soooo much better than frozen!

Back