Stair Challenge

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by marooncat, 10 January 2014 Social URL.

1. marooncat

marooncat Full Member

Not sure if anyone fancies this or not.

I am WFH today and it is pouring with rain so decided I was going to try and walk up and down the stairs in the house a number of times for exercise. I have done 2 x 10 sets so far today (and plan on doing one more set).

I am going to try and keep this up increasing the amount day by day. I am not sure how well it will work or how much to realistically up the amount every day, I was thinking that one extra time might not be enough of a push.

The other piece of fun will be next weekend when I am away to Malaga with BF for a long weekend... hope we are on a high floor in the hotel I think.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Lemai

Lemai Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    This sounds like fun!
    I always avoid the stairs coz I work on the 3rd floor and there are two flights in between floors but its a good challenge! Might take you up on it
    I live in a bungalow though for the moment haha so nothing I can do at home

Suppose its like using a stepper in the gym?

And Malaga sounds lovely! Nice time to get away for a weekend! enjoy!

4. marooncat

marooncat Full Member

Oh well look like I have fallen at the first hurdle - I was knocked over by another horse this morning as I was bringing mine in from the field and went flying into a muddy icey puddle and managed to batter and bruise one of my knees on the way down.

I can still move around on it ok and it is actually ok when I get moving, it is just stiffening up when I stop or sit down but I think up and down the stairs might be a bit to much for it.

I will start this again when I have full movement back

5. Lemai

Lemai Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    ***** are you ok?
    That's kind of scary hope you're alright

6. steff79

steff79 Silver Member

bloody horses for you!! :p hope you ok and not too sore x

7. marooncat

marooncat Full Member

Yeah fine, TBH I fear I am going to be more shaken up "long term" than physically sore, not the first time this horse has done this to me!!

8. steff79

steff79 Silver Member

Last time it happened to me was floored by trying to turn out a 2 year old luckily I wasn't seriously injured was left with a nice hoof shaped bruise on my thigh for about a week tho!! :p