Stair Challenge

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by marooncat, 10 January 2014.

1. marooncat

marooncat Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone fancies this or not.

I am WFH today and it is pouring with rain so decided I was going to try and walk up and down the stairs in the house a number of times for exercise. I have done 2 x 10 sets so far today (and plan on doing one more set).

I am going to try and keep this up increasing the amount day by day. I am not sure how well it will work or how much to realistically up the amount every day, I was thinking that one extra time might not be enough of a push.

The other piece of fun will be next weekend when I am away to Malaga with BF for a long weekend... hope we are on a high floor in the hotel I think.
  2. Lemai

Lemai Well-Known Member

This sounds like fun!
    I always avoid the stairs coz I work on the 3rd floor and there are two flights in between floors but its a good challenge! Might take you up on it
    I live in a bungalow though for the moment haha so nothing I can do at home

Suppose its like using a stepper in the gym?

And Malaga sounds lovely! Nice time to get away for a weekend! enjoy!
  3. marooncat

Oh well look like I have fallen at the first hurdle - I was knocked over by another horse this morning as I was bringing mine in from the field and went flying into a muddy icey puddle and managed to batter and bruise one of my knees on the way down.

I can still move around on it ok and it is actually ok when I get moving, it is just stiffening up when I stop or sit down but I think up and down the stairs might be a bit to much for it.

I will start this again when I have full movement back
  4. Lemai

Lemai Well-Known Member

***** are you ok?
    That's kind of scary hope you're alright
  5. steff79

steff79 Well-Known Member

bloody horses for you!! :p hope you ok and not too sore x
  6. marooncat

Yeah fine, TBH I fear I am going to be more shaken up "long term" than physically sore, not the first time this horse has done this to me!!
  7. steff79

steff79 Well-Known Member

Last time it happened to me was floored by trying to turn out a 2 year old luckily I wasn't seriously injured was left with a nice hoof shaped bruise on my thigh for about a week tho!! :p