Star Week.

culturally speaking... more likely a fig or an olive. jus'sayin'.

culturally speaking... more likely a fig or an olive. jus'sayin'.
Fig would be my choice too, but as it never stipulates, amazing how it got translated as an apple over the years;)

I tried googling. Oh - big mistake! - for example, up until 17th century the word apple covered most types of fruit and nuts except berries:eek:

Anyway, if the woman had done as she was told, it wouldn't have happened;)

All well and good, but how do you know it was an apple?;)

I had a strict catholic upbringing and the word "apple" was bandied about. Yet another reason to mistrust Christian Brothers!!

jilly said:
Mine get worse the older I get. The worst thing though is that when my oh realises I have my period he often says "oh, now I understand why you have been Mrs Angry for the last five days"...........This never annoys me or makes me want to slice his limbs from his body or microwave his head or scrub his brain with vim.

Oh gosh mine too, really doesn't help does it?

Maximus said:
All i know is unlike most of my group I don't get to use it as an excuse. I know some do and i'm quite surprised how they rarely have a good loss the week after. Maybe it gives them the munchies:p

What are you implying, that these ladies might be making it up to hide a weekend of excesses?! ;)

JezVonSavage said:
I once knew a girl who used to give her used sanitary towels to her dog. I'd rather the plants have it, personally!

Why oh why oh why?

Oh you lot have made me giggle - its just TOTM for me

Side note how do you lovely ladies fare on said time of the month? I stay on plan but historically when doing SW i've always put on weight, its my weigh in on Weds and Im slightly dreading it, although I know ive stuck to the plan 100% so its just my boedies way of saying...."oohhhh hellll to the noooo you aint losing weight this week!!!"

ejgemmag said:
Oh you lot have made me giggle - its just TOTM for me

Side note how do you lovely ladies fare on said time of the month? I stay on plan but historically when doing SW i've always put on weight, its my weigh in on Weds and Im slightly dreading it, although I know ive stuck to the plan 100% so its just my boedies way of saying...."oohhhh hellll to the noooo you aint losing weight this week!!!"

I have no idea either coz I feel the news to over eat :( xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just Experienced my First :airquote:Star Week :airquote:at Weigh-in last night :( Just Typical..my Monthly Cycle had Vanished for Months (Prob due to being Overweight) then appears this week showing only 0.5lbs loss!!

I know a Loss is a Loss but when you do everything 100% as i seem to be achieving every week :innocent0002: it just bursts my wee Bubble :sigh:

Dam you Mother Nature..but hey ho Roll on another week.

x-lizbif-x said:
Just Experienced my First :airquote:Star Week :airquote:at Weigh-in last night :( Just Typical..my Monthly Cycle had Vanished for Months (Prob due to being Overweight) then appears this week showing only 0.5lbs loss!!

I know a Loss is a Loss but when you do everything 100% as i seem to be achieving every week :innocent0002: it just bursts my wee Bubble :sigh:

Dam you Mother Nature..but hey ho Roll on another week.

Don't let I get to you Liz, we all go through it some point and will definitely show eventually.

A work colleague told me earlier that the best thing for totm is soy....hmmmm.

JezVonSavage said:
Don't let I get to you Liz, we all go through it some point and will definitely show eventually.

I've heard that too jez.. It's supposed to get rid of the 'bad' gunk apparently.. That's what mum says anyway lol she has so many of this old wives remedies but it does work..

:thankyou: i know there are going to be times when the scales dont live upto what you had imagined you may have lost and it wasnt a gain so i should just be happy with that :)

Soy eh....i shall investigate :) x

Roziee said:
I've heard that too jez.. It's supposed to get rid of the 'bad' gunk apparently.. That's what mum says anyway lol she has so many of this old wives remedies but it does work..

Apparently there is no japanese word for PMS because culturally they don't suffer with it. I'll have to start hammering the soy, i'm one star week away from a murder charge, haha!

x-lizbif-x said:
:thankyou: i know there are going to be times when the scales dont live upto what you had imagined you may have lost and it wasnt a gain so i should just be happy with that :)

Soy eh....i shall investigate :) x

Just think how well you'll do next week! Honestly honey, keep it up! Xx

Back