Star weeks

Sexyshell135

Silver Member
Am going to have a moan here last week gained a pound which I believe I didn't deserve to then thought ok maybe it can be star week as my baby's only 3 months old an my body just geting used to my new pill then two days ago star week has began but now I'm thinking what's the point of wasting another £4.95 to be told I've gained again an put it down to star week that's two weeks wasted out of a month?????? So not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow I think a gain again will be even worse as started walking/jogging again now the kids are back at school grrrrrrrrrrr

Aw, don't be too hard on yourself - you HAVE just had a baby! Congratulations, by the way! How lovely. I suppose the only way to look at it, whilst your body is readjusting to everything, is that atm, whether you're losing weight or not (and, yes, it is a pain when you know you've been good), at least you're eating healthily and that, eventually, things will start to kick in, which can only be good for you and for baby. If it makes you feel even remotely better, last time I did SW, I had been saintly all through my first week (AND I hadn't just had a baby! Lol!) and had stuck to plan perfectly, yet still I put a pound on!! The Consultant looked at my food diary and couldn't work out why either. :( After a week or two though, I had a massive loss of 6lbs, which I was thrilled with.

Good luck and don't give up. Keep having a moan on here, if it helps! :)

Kathy xx

I think aside from it being your * week, your body is also all topsy turvy from just having given birth!! Cut yourself some slack girl......but also well done for deciding to do something about your 'baby weight' so soon after ;)

Although, the scales may show a gain, if you are following the plan, you may well be losing fat but just not showing it on the scales because of hormones and water retention etc. The good news is, if you plough on through and don't let these 'false' gains divert you, at some point, you will probably show a loss and it may well be a biggy!!
Keep at it!

Thanks it dose not help when my friend stayed the same after Burger King and Mac Donald's. I have only ever had the injection before my last two children an didn't get star weeks so it's frustrating just hoping I've lost something tomorrow even if it's half, an I've been trying to shift baby weight for 13 years lol from my first hahaha am actually a fall of the wagon case back after losing five stone an putting most of it back on so determined this time for health and age

stick at it sexyshell, as the others have said don't forget your body is probably still a bit topsy turvy from giving birth. If you're sticking to the plan it will show on the scales eventually. I had a great week (I thought) the week before last and gained 2lbs! A complete mystery. But stuck at it and had a 4lb loss this week. So I have no idea what was going on lol! Try and think of it as a long term game, the gains will be outweighed by the losses over time :)

Thanks I stayed the same this week better than another gain women's body's are a wonder am hoping for a loss next week so fingers crossed

Well done for maintaining! * week is a pain but it's good to still go just to keep in the routine. You're more likely to stray from plan I think if you've missed a weigh in. I find my * week is really unpredictable, I had a *week my first time round doing SW where I gained 5lb and I'd stuck to plan 100%. This time round I had a *week and lost 2.5lb. You never know! :) Congratulations on the baby too!

Well done for maintaining! * week is a pain but it's good to still go just to keep in the routine. You're more likely to stray from plan I think if you've missed a weigh in. I find my * week is really unpredictable, I had a *week my first time round doing SW where I gained 5lb and I'd stuck to plan 100%. This time round I had a *week and lost 2.5lb. You never know! :) Congratulations on the baby too!
thank you, was talking with someone in another thread that wants to join but get disappointed that two weeks out of a month the gain or stay the same due to star week but I went stayed to class an I am determined also I have gained a pound a a stayed the same but there is fed more room in my jeans lol so something must be disappearing xx

Did you measure yourself when you first started, SShell? Sometimes the decrease in measurements show more than the actual weight loss. Weird but true! :) Glad you haven't given up.

Kathy x

Did you measure yourself when you first started, SShell? Sometimes the decrease in measurements show more than the actual weight loss. Weird but true! :) Glad you haven't given up.

Kathy x
Hi kathy our consultant gives you a ribbon that's measured around your waist when you start (I've got my own collection lol) I have not got it out since I joined my kids keep me to busy I may have a measure this weekend

Hi kathy our consultant gives you a ribbon that's measured around your waist when you start (I've got my own collection lol) I have not got it out since I joined my kids keep me to busy I may have a measure this weekend

What a lovely ideal having the ribbon. Never heard of that before :)

I love the ribbon idea for group! I've got my measurements from a bridesmaid dress fitting and plan to measure myself again when I hit 1st off. 3lb to go!

I first joined slimming world about 9 years ago only ever been to one other consultant an she never did it but must say my consultant has been doing it for 20 plus years good luck deedz 12 u can do it x

Back