Starting again for the last time! It's going to be a long journey!

Well, not really. But yesterday was a good day. Hopefully today will be another good day too. My sister-in-law is up this weekend too, so I'll get a break from the kids for a bit :D sadly though, my toothache is really sore again today :( Probably a result of loosing part of my back tooth last Saturday! really awkward at the moment because I'm waiting for my introductory dental appointment in 2 weeks with my new dentist, and am unregistered with my old one!

ooooo. i think i have some of that somewhere. best hunt it out!!

It's been a long hard month, and with everything going on (uni studies, toothache, problems with my son escalating etc.) I've not really taken the time to look after myself, and concentrate on my weight loss. However, I weighed in this morning, and I'm 2lbs down since this time last month :) It might not be as much as I'd have liked, but given my lack of trying I'm gonna take it and run!! Need to back into the game again.

Thanks hun, really didn't think I would've lost anything! :) so well chuffed :)

Hey LMC I have just reading through all your posts (it took a while) and you seem like one determined lady :) How much weight in total have you lost so far if you dont mind me asking? I started calorie counting today at 1400/day and its going well so far, although its only been a few hours lol. I love your post and shall read it for inspiration x

Hey LMC I have just reading through all your posts (it took a while) and you seem like one determined lady :) How much weight in total have you lost so far if you dont mind me asking? I started calorie counting today at 1400/day and its going well so far, although its only been a few hours lol. I love your post and shall read it for inspiration x

Hi Lil'Em31, I've lost 17lbs so far. Been a bit of a yoyo dieter pretty much always, so have only really started again since mid July. Good luck to you :)

You should be proud - any loss is a welcome one! And to be down during such a hectic time is awesome :). x

:) Done 1/2 my christmas shopping today, went to dentist yesterday. gotta have 1 wisdom tooth pulled out (the painful one), and a filling on another wisom tooth. got my son's EEG done yesterday - need to wait for results, but the nurse did seem to indicate there were some good results there, so probably will come back with absence epilepsy. feeling tired.

Ok, I think I'm on the brink of a nervous breakdown. restarting diet efforts tomorrow again (I promise!). Stressed to the max with my dear son. So last week he went to school on Monday morning, and by 9.25am had got himself excluded until Wednesday morning. During this time he was set no work! On Wednesday morning we went in to readmit him to school, but this proved unsuccessful, and his exclusion continued until Monday (today). He was also set no work for the duration of this exclusion! Today we took him back to school for readmission, and he was not playing ball, but after an hour and 20 minutes calmed down and was readmitted. I finally got home at 11am, ready to crack on with the tasks I need to do at home. At 11.15am I was called back into school, and he is excluded again until Wednesday! This time he has loads of work to do, but won't do anything unless I'm there with him helping him, so everything I need to do is still being neglected! So frustrated, and completely at a loss as to what to do with him! Clearly he doesn't want to be in school, and is acting up just to get sent home, and right now it's working!

Trying not to, but easier said than done. just discovered my bed's broken too, so just more to worry about. also it's probably not helping me with my diet to be drinking so much cider, but it makes the evenings so much easier! :)

Today has been a better day. My boy is finally back in school! :woohoo: although he is rather tired (unsurprising really as we all got home very late last night after a very long day)

so what went wrong yesterday? well, my OH woke up at 5am with a crushing headache, nausea, vomitting, dizziness, blurred vision and general unsteadiness. I advised him not to go to work, as I didn't want him driving in that state. He phoned NHS direct, and they said get a GP appointment first thing. I phoned for an appointment, and we went in. The doctor said it could be any number of things, but some of which are serious. The symptoms seemed to indicate a possible bleed on the brain. He was sent straight to hospital for a CT scan (the hospital is an hourand a half away from home!) I arranged for a friend to meet our daughter from school and look after her til we were back, thinking maybe an hour or two at most. We got to the hospital at lunchtime, and didn't get away until just after 10pm! The tests all came back fine (CT, blood tests, lumba puncture...) and they have concluded that it was just a really bad headache. All is fine now, apart from my OH being in pain on his back from the difficult lumba puncture. Needless to say I was relieved when at 11.45pm, after collecting our daughter, we finally got home! I did of course have to wake the kids up this morning for school, but left it as long as possible. Definately an early night for everyone tonight! :)

He certainly was tired! He did some school work yesterday morning, and then fell asleep at school for half an hour! But he was really good all day, and things are back to normal :D Maybe I can even tackle the huge pile of ironing today! Toothache's back :( but only another 22 days until the culprit gets removed! :)

Now to get back on track with this diet (calorie counting)! so, food for today:

Breakfast: porridge (180), milk (150), golden syrup (30)
Lunch: apple & parsnip soup (170), 2 slices gluten free bread (146), satsuma (40), apple (50)
Dinner: cauliflower (80), cheese sauce (200), boiled potatoes (180), green beans (40)
Treat: apple cider (300)

total for today: 1566 :)

I was wrong, things are not quite back to normal. My son managed school until breaktime, and has then got himself excluded again, this time until Tuesday. Getting sick of it now, especially as when he is so wound up he punches and kicks me when I'm trying to help him. So battered and bruised again :( and he tried to break my glasses, thankfully unsuccessfully, and I still have no idea what the issue is!

Thanks hun. Just hoping I can get some work done today with him under my feet again! yesterday's food plan didn't exactly go to plan. I was in too much pain at dinner time to chew, so ended up drinking tomato soup through a straw! Thankfully not in so much pain today. :)

need to have a look at what I've got in to work out todays menu.

Back