Starting again for the last time! It's going to be a long journey!

Managed 45 minute intermediate zumba class on the wii. Exhausted, and drank 3 1/2 bottles of water in the process! Time to chill!

Well I treated myself to some chocolate last night after my exercise - 80g for 414 cals, bringing yesterday's total to 1680/1715, so a good day :)

Today's meal plan:

Breakfast: english muffin (160), sunflower spread (70), raisin & cinnamon bagel (231)
Lunch: nu me parsnip & apple soup (196), wholemeal bread roll (140), orange (40), banana (80)
Dinner: 1 chicken drumstick (173), Quasedilla: 2 tortilla wraps (360), tomato puree x 2 tbsp (28), 30g lighter cheese (95), stir fry veg (32), fry light x 4 sprays (4), green beans (26)

Total calories: 1625/1715

I was making up the kids packed lunches this morning, and realised I haven't eaten any crisps myself this week! A massive achievement for me, as I would often chomp my way through about 4 packs a day! :)

Just been catching up on your diary well done for sorting out a strategy for the food heavy day, funny how it all happens at once isn't it. I have a half-baked theory that it does less long term damage to the diet to splurge than to overeat a wee bit for a number of days. Possibly rubbish but that's how my body works. :D Shame about the zumba class but well done onthe recovery with the wii fit version instead.

Hope today has gone well for you. :D

Been a busy busy day for me. A completely unplanned most of the day out, although I did help with some gardening in the afternoon (which I believe counts as exercise!) Away to in-laws for weekend, so this will be the test to see if I can resist temptation. BBQ tomorrow evening (weather permitting!) so am going to have to plan in advance.

Todays food:

BF: oatso simple (195), syrup (180), hot chocolate (170)
Lunch: 2 weetabix with s. skim milk (195), 1 tsp sugar (20), 2 homemade puff pastry mince pies (212), mini malteasers bunny (62), flavoured water (7)
Dinner: pitta bread (153), tomato puree (14), cheese (120), broccoli (49), carrots (20), a few mini roast potatoes (120)
Dessert: 1 scoop ice cream (75), blackberries (20), grapes (70)

Total:1682/1715

I know there's a lot of bad stuff there, but for now I'm just working on getting my calorie intake down, and will work on improving what I eat as I go along. Also I am using up odds and ends of 'bad' foods at the moment. I hate to see things go to waste (but then again I hate to see them go to my waist! :rolleyes:)

are there anyother classes around you could do? They do bokwa in my gym Im yet to try as its on at 6 which is kids bath time.
You could prob find some good ones on you tube.

Like your diary so far Im trying to read more diaries for more inspiration as Im finding it hard to stay on track.

Sarah xx
I love youtube for trying out new exercises - Sarah ... i've heard of Bokwa but what is it? is is l ike zumba?

Well I treated myself to some chocolate last night after my exercise - 80g for 414 cals, bringing yesterday's total to 1680/1715, so a good day :)

Today's meal plan:

Breakfast: english muffin (160), sunflower spread (70), raisin & cinnamon bagel (231)
Lunch: nu me parsnip & apple soup (196), wholemeal bread roll (140), orange (40), banana (80)
Dinner: 1 chicken drumstick (173), Quasedilla: 2 tortilla wraps (360), tomato puree x 2 tbsp (28), 30g lighter cheese (95), stir fry veg (32), fry light x 4 sprays (4), green beans (26)

Total calories: 1625/1715
Lovely good LMC x
Been a busy busy day for me. A completely unplanned most of the day out, although I did help with some gardening in the afternoon (which I believe counts as exercise!) Away to in-laws for weekend, so this will be the test to see if I can resist temptation. BBQ tomorrow evening (weather permitting!) so am going to have to plan in advance.

Todays food:

BF: oatso simple (195), syrup (180), hot chocolate (170)
Lunch: 2 weetabix with s. skim milk (195), 1 tsp sugar (20), 2 homemade puff pastry mince pies (212), mini malteasers bunny (62), flavoured water (7)
Dinner: pitta bread (153), tomato puree (14), cheese (120), broccoli (49), carrots (20), a few mini roast potatoes (120)
Dessert: 1 scoop ice cream (75), blackberries (20), grapes (70)

Total:1682/1715

I know there's a lot of bad stuff there, but for now I'm just working on getting my calorie intake down, and will work on improving what I eat as I go along. Also I am using up odds and ends of 'bad' foods at the moment. I hate to see things go to waste (but then again I hate to see them go to my waist! :rolleyes:)
That's the beauty of calorie counting tho isnt it - if you have a bad day and need treats you can have them - you were still within your daily calorie allowance so HIGH FIVE!!

Weekend at the in-laws ... however .... good luck!

Do your inlaws know you are dietin? I am lucky my mother in law is amazing and would cook me food to suit my diet - love her so much!

Have great weekend, sorry not been around last couple of days xxx

Hiya, first of all this is my first time on this forum site. It looks inspiring cannot believe I didn't find it earlier. I have constantly gone between obese and morbidly obese since I was 18 and have decided I need to put a stop to it before I'm 30 (already wasted my 20's). I have also chosen that I need the discipline of calorie counting so have joined up to myfitnesspal as I have heard many good reviews. Do you find it actually shows results? I feel like I'm cheating because I've not joined up to a specific class and following a routine they've provided. People keep telling me that a person needs 1200kcals a day to loose weight, but the app says I can have 1900? Could this be a mistake on their part? But congrats to you as it sounds you have your head around it. Hope you are having a positive day today

Hey

hope your having a fun time at the in laws. Its been nice weather here in Wales for a change so able to take advantage of it.

Forgot to say also on the exercise topic that if you have sky you get the active and fitness chanels free. They often show jillian michaels and bob harpers fitness dvds as they have numerous! Yeah bokwa is making shapes with your feet and arms like African dancing. Very energetic Im yet to try it as hubby works shifts so hopefully soon.

I think your doin fab within your calorie intake and within time you can then look at clean eating etc thats what Im doin anyway.

Sarah xx

Hiya, first of all this is my first time on this forum site. It looks inspiring cannot believe I didn't find it earlier. I have constantly gone between obese and morbidly obese since I was 18 and have decided I need to put a stop to it before I'm 30 (already wasted my 20's). I have also chosen that I need the discipline of calorie counting so have joined up to myfitnesspal as I have heard many good reviews. Do you find it actually shows results? I feel like I'm cheating because I've not joined up to a specific class and following a routine they've provided. People keep telling me that a person needs 1200kcals a day to loose weight, but the app says I can have 1900? Could this be a mistake on their part? But congrats to you as it sounds you have your head around it. Hope you are having a positive day today

Good luck to you. It's still my first week using myfitnesspal, but all seems ok. I like the way your calorie intake is based on BMR, because although it can seem high, for most people it probably is quite a bit less than what was consumed previously (i know that on a non-dieting day I could easily eat 3000 - 3500 calories!) It's a great tool to be able to see how balance your diet actually is. Also it is a myth that you need 1200 calories a day to lose weight. Most doctors reccomend about 1500 for an average person, more for a larger person. 1200 is the minimum required per day to prevent your body going into starvation mode.

Hey

hope your having a fun time at the in laws. Its been nice weather here in Wales for a change so able to take advantage of it.

Forgot to say also on the exercise topic that if you have sky you get the active and fitness chanels free. They often show jillian michaels and bob harpers fitness dvds as they have numerous! Yeah bokwa is making shapes with your feet and arms like African dancing. Very energetic Im yet to try it as hubby works shifts so hopefully soon.

I think your doin fab within your calorie intake and within time you can then look at clean eating etc thats what Im doin anyway.

Sarah xx

I looked at the fitness channel a while a go. It's addictive, and makes you want to spend loads of money! I never found a routine they do that I could manage at a suitable time of day, but that was quite a while ago, so will try and have another look. Maybe I could record some of the workouts if I like them to do at more suitable times. :)

I have no idea how I am doing this weekend calorie wise. I always feel embarressed to say I'm trying to lose weight (no idea why!), but it just seems like temptation is everywhere here! I'm trying really hard to be good, and am just sticking to meals, but moment of truth tomorrow (WI). I just hope I've done enough! I'm going to look on mfp in a mo, to see if i can work out how I've done!

:woohoo: I lost 2lbs this week! :D Very pleased, as the week didn't entirely go to plan! Now to try for a 100% week.

I have rest my calorie goal for the week to 1680 per day, so lets see how I do.

So far today:
Breakfast: honey & vanilla oatso simple made with milk (208), 3 raspberry & cranberry probiotics (207)

So far 415/1680 Will work out what else I'm having today later. Am thinking of making a batch of homemade soup. :)

:woohoo: I lost 2lbs this week! :D Very pleased, as the week didn't entirely go to plan! Now to try for a 100% week.

Well done LMC - well deserved!!!

Did you enjoy your first week of calorie counting? what went well? and what was hard? make a note on here now so if you come across a hurdle you can look back and remember how good you feel today xxx

Try and plan the week ahead in your mind - anything coming up that you need a few extra calories for? got a few treats in your food plan?

My aim was to try a new meal each week - sadly Paul has got so addicted to the Hairy Bikers Coconut Prawn Curry (it is really good) that my "new" night is now a repeat of this dish lol!

Back