Starting again

SlimBecca

Hello all,

I got to goal in October 2003 with WW, and promptly put all the weight back on again!! took me about 3 months to get to goal... and about 3 months to put it all back on!

since then, i've played around with WW and tried dieting on my own and last summer i found that i was about a stone heavier than i was when i first joined WW all those years ago!

I joined SW in september 2009 and lost 1st 1lb before christmas.... I put on 3lb over christmas (which is good for me, because i usually gain about 7lb) and since January, i've been playing with that same 3lb, so i'm the same weight now as i was before christmas.

SW isn't working for me anymore (or rather, i've stopped working for it!) and my portion sizes are out of control.

I've decided to go back to WW on Tuesday. I'll be going back to my old group and my old leader is bound to remember me - i first joined when i was 18 and i went with my mum who had previously been a member of the same group (same leader) when i was about 2 years old and our lovely leader still remembered her and greated her by name as we walked through the door!! so i'm a bit embarrassed and nervous about going back, but think it's what i need to give myself a kick up the back side and get motivated again.

i've been reading through some threads here to motivate myself and get some meal ideas - i think it might take me a while to get back into the swing of things after about 9 months on SW!! - so i thought i'd say hello!

The WW message boards on the WW website are great... but i always feel a bit like an outsider there because it seems to move very quickly and it can be a bit cliquey, so i'm hoping to fit in here a bit better!

x

hello slim becca good luck on your losses , everyone on here likes a good natter you will be fine with us lol xxxx

Thanks phill1978! well done on your weightloss! you're doing brilliantly!!

when i stick to it properly (which is usually my problem!!) my weightloss is always faster and more consistant with WW than any other diet, so i'm hoping i have the same success this time round :)

Welcome Becca :)

Thanks phill1978! well done on your weightloss! you're doing brilliantly!!

when i stick to it properly (which is usually my problem!!) my weightloss is always faster and more consistant with WW than any other diet, so i'm hoping i have the same success this time round :)

thank you xxx very kind, i can tell your very motivated to get back to goal im a ww only man so i cant speak for other diets but i love ww its working for me , i know your gonna do great , theres a few challange threads ( great for meeting people and motivation,) i like it on here you can post any question and you will get a answer also theres a newbie thread might be worth a look xxxx

cool :) i'm slowly working my way around the site, so i'll look out for the challenge threads :)

hi there, great to hear from you and good luck you'll succeed you sound very positive and motivated all the ingredients needed:D

Welcome

I'm an ex swer myself and am finding ww much better suited to me. Like you I had no portion control on sw, I love the way ww is teaching me what a normal portion is, something I just couldnt do on sw.

Dont feel embarrassed about returning to the same class they will be pleased to see you back, hope everything goes well with you and good luck.

Hi there,

I also used to do SW but also found it wasn't working for me. Got my first WW meeting this morning! Good luck hun! :)

Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Welcome

I'm an ex swer myself and am finding ww much better suited to me. Like you I had no portion control on sw, I love the way ww is teaching me what a normal portion is, something I just couldnt do on sw.

WSS ^^^^ exactly!

Welcome and I agree with the WW boards, great people just moves to fast for me.

Hi hon, you have done this before so you know you can do it again. My leader always says that she got to gold twice. The first time, she stopped going to ww - she says she felt she didn't need it then, she was a 'pro' lol. Of course the weight went back on. So she learnt from that, got to goal again, and then has kept it off now for 15 years.

So don't worry, its perfectly normal. Your class will be happy to have you back. Look forward to getting to know you on here hon xxx

Thanks everyone :) it's really nice to find a community where everyone's so friendly :) i've lurked a bit on the Slimming World boards (which seem to be much busier than this one... i wonder why? perhaps because the SW website doesn't have a message board?) but have only posted a couple of times and never really got involved. I'm hoping that becoming a more active member of this forum will help me stay motivated :)

i'm actually looking forward to going back.. with the exception of the embarrassment factor, i just want to get it over and done with so that i can get back on track properly and get on with losing this weight.

Hi Becca,

I've also just hopped over from SW and rejoined WW. Don't know whether you feel the same but it feel's as if I've wasted the last 5 months on SW.

I know WW works as I've previously lost 5 stones but have put about 3 of that back on over the last 5 years or so. Anyway I've come to the decision that SW isn't for me and I'm back to what I know best. As added motivation I've signed up to do the Race for Life in July so need to lose some weight for that and am hitting the gym to get some fitness.

Good luck with your weightloss,

Hi Abbysmum,

i do feel like i've wasted the last 5 months on SW, yes. i did quite well with it between when i started in sept and christmas, but am exactly the same weight now as i was on the last weigh in before christmas because i've just been playing with the same 3lb - up a bit, down a bit, stay the same and repeat!

SW is great for some people - some of the people at my SW group have lost lots of weight and are keeping it off, they swear by SW... but i was never very motivated by my SW consultant - she's gained quite a bit of weight since getting to her goal and is quite overweight... i don't expect her to be stick thin, but i do sometimes feel like "if she can't make it work for her, how am i supposed to?!" and i didn't really get anything from the meetings.

i'm hoping going back to my old WW meeting will give me extra motivation. i found WW meetings more interesting - my SW meeting was all about talking about how much weight each person had lost/gained that week and i didn't feel like i learnt anything, so i stopped staying to the meetings after a weight - and my weightloss was always more consistant. if i gain/maintain on WW, i know it's because i have done something wrong, but sometimes i follow SW 100% and sts and i'm sure it's because my portions are too big, but technically i'm following the rules! it's just too easy for me to overeat with SW.

i joined a gym last july and i'm really proud of myself for still sticking with it! i feel much fitter than i did this time last year.

my WW meeting fits in better with the gym too. i go twice a week at the moment, but as my WW meeting is on tuesday, i'll be able to go to the gym on monday, wednesday and friday, so i'll get 3 sessions in without having to go over the weekend, which i always struggle with - i find it easier to force myself to go after work!

good luck with race for life!!

Back