Starting all over again

*Bambi*

Restarter...
Hi, Im new round these parts..and im stressed out..
I used to do slimming world, id make soup every week, look forward to weigh ins, it was all going so well, i lost close to a stone.
Now i dont consider my self to be big (at my biggest i was a size 14) but according to my bmi I was over weight. so i lost it and felt better, sexier and more confident.
I stopped doing it after id lost the weight cos i felt i could stay around the same weight by being sencible... but obviously my sencible is a few packets of buscuits and a bacon sandwich for breakfast...
and now i feel rubbish again. so so so low.
ive just been looking at pictures from a night out with a friend recently and i look huge.
so basicly im having a rant because i know i need to start again. I just love naughty food too much..but i dont want to be embarrassed of how i look. i want my boyfriend to think im sexy and to fit in with my mates.
I really struggle cos my boyfriends one of those people... you know the ones who can eat anything and not put on weight so he trys to be supportive but his love of all things sinful creates temptation for me. I dont want to stop cooking with him though cos i love it and its a great part of our relationship..
i dont even know where im going with this rant.
appart from Hi, I need your support.
I currently live in sheffield, i went to a group at the cathedral but it wasnt great... any idea of where i can go any join again..
help me please?!
:cry:

Aw hey you'll get lots of support on here *hugs*. My OH is like that too, it's a male thing gr!! My OH doesn't really need to lose weight but he follows WW which makes it hard cooking wise but we manage! You can still cook together, find some recipes that are sw friendly, and he can add thing to it after if he needs fatty things added! *hugs* we've all had that cr~ppy feeling, that's why we're doing sw! You'll get there and be feeling better in no time :) xxx

Hi, welcome to minimims. My partner and my son can both eat whatever they like, I think they must burn it all off at work or something. It does make it hard when they're eating and drinking 'nice things', but we have to be strong and stay focussed!
Good luck x

hi welcome to the group - no the love feeling for naughties - but once you start losing you get more confident and can most of the time be good (thank god for syns). hope our plan be a sucess, if you wanted to look for local groups in the area - the SW website you but in postcode and comes with groups :)

Thanks so much for all you lovely messages ladies...
I am ready to start a new week now..
looking forward to having more energy and feeling better...
you have all done so well on it girls!
So im going to join you...

Hi Bambi! welcome and good luck. Following SW doesn't mean an end to all things exciting and 'naughty'- it just means making better choices. If you enjoy cooking with your OH have a look at the recipe section for ideas. Since I joined SW a few weeks ago I'm actually making more exciting things for meals than I was previously- on Saturday night I had a girly night and made 'fake' chinese which was Chinese Chicken Curry, Egg Fried Rice and SW chips and everyone loved it. I also used some syns for Ben and Jerry's Phish Food frozen yogurt. The new Extra Easy plan makes meals even easier now too and although I don't have it yet, the Extra Easy cookbook is supposed to be fab. Take a look at the 'post your meal ideas' thread as well for pictures of people's meals for inspiration but don't do it on an empty stomach!!

wow!! How many sins is ben and jerrys? I love it...will be a lovely treat for me on friday if i do well this week..
Ive just done my online shop from asda...
going to make a soup!!
i love this forum ive got a really goodd feeling about this!

100g of Phish Food frozen yog is 11 syns and if you bulk it up with fresh food it goes a long way. I've just read on another tub that the Ben and Jerry's sorbet is only 17 syns for the whole tub so even better!

Hi, welcome to the forum. My hubby was like that but now I cook ee meals for us all and he sometimes has to ask if its sw as he thinks its naughty food lol. I have just done my menu for week and got risotto, fish pie, chicken and leek pie, roast beef dinner etc so you would not think its diet food still the normal things but different ways of doing it. Maybe find the foods you love and adapt them to sw recepie then you don't have to miss the cooking you love but get to target still. Good luck x

Welcome aboard! You already know SW works, so it's just going back to what you did before. Plan ahead and alot of the EE stuff is so filling and delicious he wouldn't realise he was doing it! The turkey and seafood paella from the EE cookbook is lush!

My OH is exactly the same, but he eats SW food with me for his dinner, as others have said, EE is FAB for "naughty" feeling food... we have curry, chilli, chips, etc.

The difference between our diets is that he has a pie or a shop bought sandwich for lunch at work, while I have SW. After dinner, he might dig in to the biscuits or eat half a tub of ice cream, while I stick to fruit or muller light, or even frozen mullers depending on my mood.

Also, if we have chips, I will have 1 tbsp of extra light mayo, while he has a huge blob of the full fat stuff.

And the main difference, he drinks whatever he likes... lager, cider, wine, while I limit myself.

Don't get me wrong, I do have treats, but I save my syns for what I enjoy and try to make syn free meals as much as possible. And it works!!! Check out my siggy. :)

Good luck, enjoy SW, and use this forum for help and support... there are some amazing ladies on here! :D (And a few cool gents too ;))

Thank you all!
Wow, i think this forum could become addictive, its a brilliant support net work..
Just making dinner.. having a green day and not got my book with me.. how much cooked chicken are you allowed as a B option?!
Thanks
Rach

Back