Starting Alli today :)

hows everyone getting on?

Hi all,
Am into my 3rd wk on alli, lost 4lb the first wk and nothing the 2nd week, weighed myself this morn and am actually back up 2 of the 4lb Id lost, I dont know how this can be, Im sticking to the low fat regime rigidly and exercising too, and its not totm either. Anyone else feel like tablets arent working for them?

i'm on xenical (orlistat, bigger tablets than alli though) and i have to stick to 15g fat per meal and eat nothing that contains over 5g of fat per 100g serving... have been sticking to this and no nasty side effects i think as long as you watch your fat intake and keep below 45g per day you're quite safe :D

Good luck. But thought I would mention Alli is quite expensive, whereas you doctor will perscribe Orlistat for normal perscription fees. It is exactly the same thing as Alli except Alli is a lower strength for over the counter sales. So all in all, I would get yourself to the doctors and enquire, it will save you a fortune and is a higher strength so better results.

Hi. I started alli last week. I'm on day 7 now. I've pretty much stuck to it - checking my fat intake etc and not lost any weight. Yesterday, for one reason or another I didn't take any tablets, but hadn't eaten really anything. Decided to have a barbecue and invited my friend along with her 2 wee boys and my daughter. For the kids I did the usual burgers, sausages etc. For us I did turkey fillets with cajun seasoning, chicken mini fillets wrapped in serrano ham, salad etc. I had some of the above and (one small bit of garlic bread) so was feeling quite pleased with myself. Decided it probably wasn't worthwhile taking a tab as it was over an hour before I realised. Later on in the evening I had a couple of glasses of wine - decided that pringles were a good thing to have (I know, I know!) along with them. After a lot of them I went on to have some (more than 1 or 2) thornton's mini chocolate shortcake things. Decided I would take a tablet to see the effects as I wasn't happy with myself. Result? Absolutely nothing!! How can that be? I've worked out today that I probably had around 70-90 g of fat. Am now feeling very despondant as they are obviously not working for me. Shouldn't have taken one last night and today I would just have felt the guilt and carried on taking them. I'd like my 50 pounds back please. Sorry for such a long post.

Hi. I've been doing Alli for nearly 3 weeks. So far i've lost about 8lbs (4lb, 2.5lb and i think 1.5lb this week). It seems to have slowed this week, but i have eaten alot less fruit and veg, in fact less in general so not sure why that would be. No nasty side effects, but i stick to low fat really carefully.

Hi all,
Am into my 3rd wk on alli, lost 4lb the first wk and nothing the 2nd week, weighed myself this morn and am actually back up 2 of the 4lb Id lost, I dont know how this can be, Im sticking to the low fat regime rigidly and exercising too, and its not totm either. Anyone else feel like tablets arent working for them?

I feel exactly the same.

I have stuck to the diet like glue!! I am so disappointed with the weight loss, I have actually yo yo'd over 3 weeks! I am exercising alot more, plenty of water and not going a smidgen over the 15g of fat per meal.

:(

Hi guys - I have been taking alli since Saturday and yesterday morning awoke at 4am with what can only be described as a panic attack - I went to docs it was so bad... today I feel very anxious and I have read alli can do this? Anybody else had similar effects???

oh lord panic attacks? i was thinking of doing this but i suffer from panic attacks :eek:/

Yea, for the entire week I took them I was in a bit of a state, have stopped taking them now and still feeling terrible so I suggest if you have any type of anxiety disorder to avoid them.

Right I'm back again!
Everything is a bit more settled down now so here I am again for round 3! DING DING
Joined WW last night with my mum. I don't intend to doing the WW diet, Im going to stick with the diet that comes with Alli. I will be eating ww meals though, mainly because they are yummy and you can get them for £1 in farmfoods. I like having somewhere to be weighed, rather then weighing myself, makes it more real when someone writes it down for you, I also like in insentive of someone weighing you and seeing what you have lost.
My partner is trying to diet with me too. The past 2 nights we have been for a walk along the beach which was really nice. Tonight he's going Go-karting, so I can go home and get on the Wii Fit without him bugging me.
I weighed in at 17 stone 3.5lbs last night :( makes me very sad as I went from 18-1 to 13-11 on lighterlife last year. The WW lady set my 10% goal at 15-8, which isn't too scary. If I can get myself back into the 16 stone range next week ill be very happy. I think ill hope for 16-13, so thats a 4.5lb weight loss like I got in the first week I tried Alli.

Ta ta for now :)

i was taking lipobind for 8 weeks, but despite regular daily exercise and healthy eating, i felt that my weight had stuck, and wasnt coming off, so i decided to try Alli, and this is my 3rd week on it and i have lost 10lbs.
i read about the side effects before taking these capsules, and was dreading having an accident!. the only time i have noticed the bright orange, loose effect was on tuesday........i really fancied a small bag of kettle chips, and 3 grilled quorn sausages for my lunch. within 20 mins i needed the toilet (no mad rush or discomfort!)- and it was pretty obvious i must have exceeded the fat content limit for the meal! i havent tried high fat crisps again, but have had no problems eating twiglets or ww crisps- find the ww meals excellent for convenience when am at work.
i will persevere for the 3 months and see what happens.

Hi there, how are you getting on with the diet?

Me too, I done it for a week. 3 meals a day low fat, low cal,exercised profusely and put on a pound! That was last week. Now this week been feeling really bloated and had stomach pains all day yesterday. Not sure if the Alli has kept all the rubbish instead of it disposing it through stools as I had no side effects at all! I am now off them and am doing weight watchers.

I can't stick to a diet :'( Im nearly at the weight I was when I started Lighterlife last year :(
I need a kick up the rear!

I know how you feel Becki I have struggled since i stopped doing ll but it is a fight that we can win remember the cbt
I am now doing ww & doing ok although it's really slow compared to ll it is fitting in better with every day life
I was wondering about taking alli to boost my losses so am watching everbody's progress
Good luck & stick with it

Back