Starting in 2014!

Spangly ... Sounds like you're having a tough time at the moment - take care and be kind to yourself x. Hope your mums okay :)

Yes it's been horrible. Fingers crossed she is responding well to treatment but at her age (85) progress is very gradual, which is frustrating her.

I have a lot on my plate (and not just because I'm off packs, ho ho). Just been part of a three-person panel discussion at the British Library on the future of publishing. When did I get so grown up?! Almost backed out because of (a) fear and (b) mum but my hubby persuaded me I should go for it. Opportunities like this don't come up very often after all. It was amazing but I'm now very tired.

Interestingly though, the chair told me I'm very svelte!?! I don't even know the woman and she was very petite herself. Made my evening!

Lol grown up and svelte! Love it!

Hi Spangly, how are things?

Hiya, everyone.

Mum is on the mend, thank goodness. Hopefully should be going home tomorrow.

I've been all over the place foodwise but will start CWP again in the next few weeks.

Healthwise, I'm seeing a GP on Saturday as I'm currently on my fourth VERY HEAVY period in eight weeks, which just isn't normal for me. This, with crashing fatigue (poss anaemia) and the joint pains, plus stress, has really been getting to me this week. I'm thinking perimenopause or hypothyroid but we'll see. (Have had thyroid checked before and was told it was normal.) Am not driving at the moment as I am just soooooo tired. Keep falling asleep on train in to work in the morning!

Hi,

Glad your mums on the mend. Just wanted to let you know I've had 3 heavy periods in 5 weeks of being on this diet. I have pcos and think this diet has made it a lot worse for me. On searching this site it seems quite common. I've also booked a docs appointment as worried about anaemia as had it before.
Hope you get sorted soon x

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb

Glad to hear your mum is on the mend but sorry you are experiencing health problems. I found that initially I had a period that lasted for ages and then things definitely settled down and perimenopause symptoms I was experiencing before have calmed right down (mental fogginess, tiredness and anxiety in particular). I think our body really struggles to cope with the flood of hormones that are released from fat when we lose weight so quickly. Long term I think it's the soya in the packs that is helping me. I'm going to have to think a bit more carefully than before in maintenance. Hope the doctor sorts something for you.

Hi Spangly

How's Mum now? Did she get out of hospital? And how did you get on at the doctors? No wonder you are exhausted!

Hi everyone. So sweet that you have been checking in for me. In the end I crumbled today and went back to my GP and got a fit note. I have never done this before but enough is enough. Went on a business trip to Swansea and after a four and a half hour drive last night was completely wiped. Burst into tears this morning at the thought of dragging myself on the two hour commute to the office. My GP was brilliant and has signed me off for two weeks so I can get properly better. Just had virus after virus and been so run down. I had blood tests last week which showed significant anaemia so I'm on iron, which will take two to three months to get me back to normal levels? It's a sign, isn't it?!! Mum is a lot better but now being quite difficult about accepting help, which is hard to cope with. So, I came off Cambridge - I went back as planned and my consultant said she felt I had too much stress in my life to commit to it right now 100%. I agree with her, actually. I'm not happy with my body at all but one thing at a time. I feel such a failure for regaining weight but my hubby says I'm anything but, given the amount I handle for the family. So... REST!!!

Yeah...so glad to see you came back. Sounds like you've done the right thing and given yourself some time to get better :) Take care of yourself and when you are back in a good place look forward to catching up x

I'm back and am moving over to the healthy eating boards.

I may have done so many diets in the past few years, but I've also been learning about myself, so none of the experiences have been wasted. Having been very ill this year though I decided I needed a gentler, more sustainable, approach, and it feels good. This isn't just about the weight after all. It never was, really. It's about learning to look after and love myself. And part of loving myself means choosing to exercise and choosing to eat healthy foods in sensible portions.

I've started a new thread. Join me if you want to follow! :character00201:

Last edited:
Back