Starting my LL journey

Poppysparkle

Silver Member
Hi all :wave_cry:- just wanted to introduce myself and say that I'm starting out on my LL journey at the moment. I started on Sunday morning, and by Tuesday evening I weighed in 6lbs lighter at my drop in session.

I also got into a pair of jeans today, which although still a little snug, I couldn't even fasten up on Saturday!!

I'm not sure why I'm surprised because I've seen a few people complete LL and keep the weight off, but I'm so pleased that I've got through five days and still going strong!!

I'm enjoying reading all of your motivational and inspiring posts and hope to speak to you all soon!

Welcome, and Congrats on the loss already!
I did the same as you, started and within 4 days I was 6lbs down (probably a bit more now, my first weigh in (WI) was yesterday...)

Enjoy this place, it's amazing, the people here are great!

[/gushing] :D

Hi Pete and thanks for the welcome! I've been finding it all okay so far, apart from Monday when I had the most horrendous headache and felt like I had a hangover and flu mixed together. This evening I'm sitting here and my tummy is rumbling a little, although I've not really felt this before so am quite surprised at these feelings of hunger, as I've not really had any for a few days really.

How are you doing? Any side effects or struggles??

Nik

I don't want to gloat really, but I feel amazing, and have all along (so far...)
I didn't have any headaches, no uncomfortable feelings or anything like that. I was having "hunger pangs" aka stomach rumbles up to the end of day 2, since then, not a single small rumble :)

Now I've said that, tomorrow will probably be headache city with hunger pangs all day lol
Oh well, all part of the journey to the inner me actually becoming the outer me too :D

PS if you want to know about my first few days, you can check out my Blog, the link is underneath my "mood" on the left there
<<<<<<<<<<<

PPS oh, you might need to make a number of posts before you can read it. If so, head for the SPAM section.... it helped me to rack up my post count! :p

Brilliant blog Pete! I love that you are so upbeat and positive - I know you'll succeed and get that PS3!!

Did you try the chicken crisps at all - mmm, sound fab!! I don't have any recipes and actually can't wait to have a bar or something to munch, but can't have these until Saturday after the first week. I actually picked up a peanut one tonight at an educational meeting where I work where LighterLife were doing a presentation - I've not touched it, or the sample choc and raisin bars that were on the table all cut up and looking yummy!! My big thing is that I'm a real rule follower and I have to do it all or nothing!

I tried to do the crisps, but they didn't work, and just ended up being stodgy chicken soup, which wasn't nice at all :(

As for the bars, there was some debate a few days ago as to them, as I think they are not actually supposed to give them to you at all while you are doing your loss stage, they are only for the Maintenance, as they have more calories than the packs, more carbs and more of everything I think.

Plus, its much more a temptation for "real food" too, at least in my head it would be (but then, in my head, things are often very strange so it might just be me :p )

My big thing is that I'm a real rule follower and I have to do it all or nothing!

I'm exactly the same, which I why I KNOW that LL will work - failure is simply not an option to me :p

Pity you're not a woman Pete, or we could race each other to the finish - I'm very competetive for a woman!

As for the bars - don't frighten me - I'm really looking forward to them!! :eek: I know that the choc and raisin ones are about 100cals more apparently, but the other bars are okay aren't they??!!!

Welcome to minimins. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Well done on your 6lbs lost so far

Thanks Keisha! I'm really pleased with myself. I'm coping with the hunger pangs tonight, and I'm sure it will be better tomorrow!

By the way, how did you get all that in your signature?? I wanted to do a weekly weight loss record, but it's saying it's too many characters. Where am I going wrong?!

Started today Thursday 30th November

Hello everyone, I started today, hope that this place will be good to come too and can see lots of people are doing well. Think I have survived the first of many days with the 4 packs, yummy x
:eek:

Pity you're not a woman Pete, or we could race each other to the finish

Yeah, I've though that too.....
oh erm, I mean, the racing thing, not the woman thing, hahaha....haha....ha.....

*ahem*

moving on......

As for the bars - don't frighten me - I'm really looking forward to them!! :eek: I know that the choc and raisin ones are about 100cals more apparently, but the other bars are okay aren't they??!!!

I don't know all the details TBH, I just know that I'm not touching them at all.
I'd rather not chew on them and lose that extra 1lb in a week, at least at the moment anyway

PS Welcome lottie! :D

Hi again - just to say I lost 10lbs after my first weigh in! I got some bars last night and it was lovely to have a peanut one to chew on! :)

First week over and I managed to get through Saturday night without a takeaway and my usual bottle of wine, and sipped on sparkling water instead, despite OH cooking himself a curry!!!! :eek:

well done poppy!! great first loss

sat nights are always a bit of a test for me too, have become a bit of a connoisseur when it comes to sparkling water now.
keep up the good work
ella
x

Thanks Ella!

Just tried to update my ticker, but can't get back to it - help! Also, how do I list the weekly weight losses as you have? It's telling me I have too many characters??

I'm sure I'll get used to this soon!

i did the same when i started, you made your ticker private rather than public when you set it up. you will need to redo it and make it public- it will still be password protected.
then you should just be able to click on it to update. with the character thing i think if you have the right ticker bit you can have what you like underneath
i'm not that techy so someone may come along and correct me
ella
x

You earn more space in your signature the more posts you have done. So if you cant get more than a ticker you need to do more posts to earn space for adding bits on your signature.

:D

Ah, makes sense! Thanks to you both! I'll get my head around this soon! :)

Thanks for asking the question about the signature Poppysparkle, thought I was going mad. Wouldn't let me have much more than a ticker.
Also thanks to Emski for explaining.

Back