starting on weds

airbrushed74

hiya i'm starting on weds i'm quite excited about it :D. I'm a bit bothered though that it will just be meat and butter, i'm not really a fab cook but will try my hand at it. i just wondered if there is anything that i really cant live without to make it easier if you know what i mean (i'm hoping this brain fog will clear :) ) ta x

I'm not big on meat, but seem to be managing. I mainly have eggs, chicken, and the odd chipolata sausage

Hi Air

I'm in my third week and can't live without -

- Debbie and Andrew garden herb sausages - 0.2 carbs each! From Tescos online or big stores
- small avocados (bacon, avocado and tomatoes for brekkie are lovely)
- cauliflower mash
- MiMs - see the separate thread for recipes
- also see the Just Recipes threads - not everything here is induction friendly, but you will soon spot the ones that are.

I've just raided it for ideas so next week will be dining on chicken paprikash, butter chicken, Thraki Poppapopolis's moussaka, tuna burgers, cheeseburger pie and celeriac dauphinoise. YUM!

You'll love this blog. I'm always asking questions and everyone is so friendly and helpful - and Jim keeps an eye on us all so we don't get up to too much mischief :)

All the best

Susie

Hi airbrushed!

You're in for a bit of a shock if you think it's all meat and butter. Just wait while Jim starts shaking the veg stick at you! ;)

Seriously, get a copy of the Atkins book (the earlier the better IMHO) and learn how to do it properly!

We're here for support, encouragement and banter. It's a great forum! :D

LOL Steve.

Yea AB you need to get the majority of your carbs from healthy green leaf veggies. :)

cauli rice is one of my favorites stir fried in a mix of butter and oil with ginger,garlic,chopped chives and lots of ground pepper.Definitely not all meat and butter but lots of really enjoyable food.
Good luck.
lorna

Back