Starting out!

whoops

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on here for a while as have seen my gp now about starting Xenical and she wants me to follow the low fat diet for 4 weeks then if I have lost weight when I see her next she will prescribe it to me!

I have been following the low fat diet for a week now and think I have lost 2 or 3 lb so far so hopefully as long as I don't go astray I should be starting around the 3rd June!

I am a real serial dieter as I did Cambridge diet 4 years ago and put the 4 stone I lost on that back on (over 18 months) then last year lost 2 stone on slimming world but this time I am determined to lose it and keep it off!

I am not setting myself any targets or losing the weight for anything but going to take things slowly and in my own time so I can't beat myself up for not hitting the targets etc which can be half my problem!

Looking forward to chatting on here, I used minimins when I did Cambridge diet so know how helpful it can be

Claire xx

Good luck hon everyone here is supportive and going through the same journey!! Xx

Good luck :) I was on Xenical for about 3 years ( stopped them in March) and to date have lost just over 10st. I never set myself any goals either, so therefore I couldn't put pressure on myself to get to a certain goal by a certain time. Made all the difference :)
x

Good luck :)

Hiya...I wish you luck in your quest.....

Firstly don't look at this as a diet but as a lifestyle change........it is for you to understand the difference in good foods and bad......good fats and bad.......learning portion sizes and when to say NO

I still have treats but I have to make sure I have earned them....or that I am going to burn it off......

find out how many calories you should be eating and drink plenty of water

x

Good luck :) I was on Xenical for about 3 years ( stopped them in March) and to date have lost just over 10st. I never set myself any goals either, so therefore I couldn't put pressure on myself to get to a certain goal by a certain time. Made all the difference :)
x
you've lost an amazing amount of weght, congratulations!

also, i agree with booboocraig, i have treats, but dont always enjoy them the same, and always make sure i know i'm going to burn them off.

good luck, theres great support on here from people who have either been where you are, or are still there. xxx

Thanks everyone!

I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 5lb already :D just by following the low fat diet and also I've been swimming or to the gym most days too since friday!

I try and swim at least 60 lengths when I go and usually in the outdoor pool so that I have to keep moving

After reading other people's threads I have also signed up to my fitness pal, my username is Whoops77 if anyone wants to add me!

Claire

hiya and good luck :)

i'm sure you will do well with the pills - do keep in touch ;)

Back