Starting Over!

1974rach

Gold Member
hi all,

hope you don't mind me joining your forum, but I'm going back on weight watchers.

I'm going to do it at home for a bit (and if I'm feeling braver I might go to a class) and I'm starting officially on Sunday 20th April (day after my birthday - got to have a little bit of cake!) but am going to do it as much as I can in the meantime (bad time to start a diet really - I've got so much on at the minute)

This time I really do mean it, I really want to do it, and when I read some of the stories that you've posted on here I am inspired by all your hard work.

so there you are. I'm a wanna-be-skinny, and I'm gonna-be-skinny!

I am a newcomer to WW and it is now my 4th week. I go to a class and really enjoying it I don't feel uncomfortable at all and I have over 10 stones to lose

Enjoy your birthday

Irene xx

thanks Irene!

I'm like you in that I've got a fair bit to lose as well, I am thinking about going to a class but to be blunt, the last class I went to wasn't very good, and I felt a bit like a naughty schoolgirl. Maybe this time I would be better, as I actually want to lose my weight now!

Thank you for the birthday wishes, will send you a piece of virtual cake!

Well done for taking the plunge

Rach first of all well done on taking the plunge and getting back to it - a big step in itself :clap: Welcome to WW. This forum is absolutely brilliant for support, help and advice.

Unlike you I feel if HAVE to go to a class for an "official" weigh in - I feel sure I would certainly cheat much more - good on you.

As far as being a bad time to start a diet, is it really ever a good time? I have the following "functions" before my hols on 22 June:
12/4 - older sister's 50th birthday party - booze food & more booze!
13/4 - new Indian restaurant opening - food galore going to drive so no drink
25/5 - mum's birthday - out for meal and drinks
2-5/5 - rugby league weekend in Cardiff - total p*** up lol
4/6 - my birthday - want to go for Indian with friends
17/6 - last weight in before hols - hope to have lost 17lbs by then!
So Rach what do you reckon? Think I can do it on ww? Lose 17lbs by 17 June with all the above celebrations?
That's the beauty of WW it fits around you!
Don't wait - start now and save points for those celebrations.
Sunday 20th is over a week and a half way - if you started now you could be a few pounds lighter by then! lol
Good luck honey and don't forget if you are struggling just log on here and someone will help
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Rach,

Like you I'm doing it from home and logging on here constantly for tips and inspiration, well done for getting back on the wagon, as they say 'onwards and downwards', you've got nothing to lose but your weight hun.

sun x

Good luck. Ive been doing ww for 4 weeks & only just getting the hang of the points.A good tip write everything down it does help.

Welcome to ww forum,nice to see a new comer! Have a lovely Birthday mine is 15th just gonna have a meal and ww cake as only 3lb from goal! Have a good 1 x

As far as being a bad time to start a diet, is it really ever a good time?

Don't wait - start now and save points for those celebrations.
Sunday 20th is over a week and a half way - if you started now you could be a few pounds lighter by then! lol

Thanks Minnie - to answer your question - No! There is never a good time, so I thought oh stuff it I'm going for it. I'm like you though as I've got lots planned between now and next Sunday and so although I've started unofficially I'm not going to worry too much if I go over my allowance.

I do have one question though. I've never really had much of an appetite and to eat 32 points worth of food seems like absolutely loads! How do i do that? I'm going to be eating all day? Do you think I might be better off on the core plan for a bit?

advice gratefully received!

x

Hi Rach, you would be surpirsed how easy it is to eat your points and dont forget you can save 4 a day for a special treat at the w/e like a chinese takeaway, bottle of wine, or chocolate -you can tell whats important to me:D.

You'll get loads of support on here and its nice to know that we are all in the same boat.

Good luck.

XX

ummm chinese remember the points are for the whole tray its great, thats my biggest treat but surprisingly its not that high in points

ello ello ello....evenin all.

am feeling fab (got heartburn though from flipping spring onions at lunch grrrr......) so thanks for all the lovely messages.

am surprised how easy it is once it all clicks in your head (why didn't this happen last time??) so we shall see what happens when I next weigh in

have a great evening all, and i'll catch you tomorrow

xxx

am surprised how easy it is once it all clicks in your head (why didn't this happen last time??) so we shall see what happens when I next weigh in
xxx

Rachel that's exactly how I feel! So different from last time
Good luck honey
xxxxxxxxx

have a bar of chocolate ;)

what a good idea! ....slopes off to find a flake in the fridge...

Starlight you are good. I am so inspired by your loss!

xxx

well done rach, I'm so enjoying WW this time around, lets look forward to good weight losses.!

Sun xxx

Back