starting slimming world and 22weeks pregnant

yummymummy1985

Hi all, just thought id introduce myself as a new member. my names hayley and im a mum of two boys and another baby on the way. i started slimming world yesterday and am looking for help, advice and support while slimming! i used to come on here years ago when i was on cd and found the help so usefull.
Ive never dieted while pregnant before but my main reason is that im now at my heaviest weight ever and im having alot of strain on my hips and think i could and the baby and kids could benefit in me losing weight now and after the baby is born. does anyone out there know of a suitable/safe weight weekly to lose? i know that i will gain weight but if im trying to lose or at least ,maintain how much is suitable?

cheers

xxxx

hi yummymummy1985, welcome to sw and congrats on you pregnancy
i can't answer your question unfortunately but am interested in the reply you get as I am hoping to get pregnant this year, but would like to continue sw / healthy eating while ttc / pregnant
good luck with your journey x

It is perfectly safe to do whilst pregnant, if going to class ask for an info sheet to take to your midwife and she will sign it off.

As its a healthy eating plan and not a diet, ie. Ment as a life change it is family friendly, my 3 yr old loves it, esp mummy's soup! We tend to do extra easy.

You may not loose, however maintain which means you will have lost by the time your bundle of joy arrives! Extra he's come into action when breast feeding as far as i am aware.

Hope this helps

Laura x

Hey hun...
First of all congrats on your pregnancy :D I'm currently 32+1 with baby no.2... I started slimming world when i was approx 25 weeks i think...Before the rush of xmas, new year, family meals etc i had lost 12lb in 4 weeks... my midwife was happy with that... i dont think there really is an answer to your questions as it all depends on what youe weigh etc... Long as you eat enough which i now eat more following SW than i did before!!

I got pregnant 4 weeks after giving birth to my little girl (BIG SHOCK!!! LOL) Due to eating like an animal & hubby being in Afghanistan i gained a whooping 5 stone... 2 of which i lost in the 4 week break... but by 25 weeks i'd put 18lb back on... So knew it was time to make a start on SW as i have SPD this time round and it has definitely helped... i'm now 9lbs lighter than when i started and hope to get the gain from xmas off again but we shall see... Be nice to see how you get on... Good Luck with the pregnancy and SW journey xxx

Sorry for waffling hehe!! xxxx

Back