Original Starting Slimming World, From Home! Need Help

Chudz

Hello,

I have started slimming world with my girl friend and we have read some books etc on how it all works but would like to ask a few questions and maybe you guys could help!?

Basically we have been doing the Extra Easy plan. We east zero syn food for most meals but I tend to snack a lot and don't have big meals is this OK?

This is what I have ate today:

Breakfast - Cup of tea lol

Lunch - Egg Omelette with Bacon (fat cut off) and tomatoes with a small amount of mozzarella cheese on top. Large glass of Coke Zero :S

Tea - Jacket Potato with Beans bit of mozzarella cheese with another large glass of Coke Zero. Apple, Banana for after.

Snacks - 2x Apple 1x Banana 1x Muller Light, Bowl of Weetabix 2x glasses of water and 2x glass of coke zero

I have been eating similar to this all week however I have been having vegetables and fish and rice some days! and pasta.

I haven't actually lost anything according to my scales at home! Am I doing it wrong lol? I don't normally drink that much Coke Zero but I had a bottle today and now its gone :S lol! Normally its just water and tea.

I would say there isn't enough variant in your meals- you really should be trying to include a variety of superfree fruit and veg as a 1/3 of your meal. It's hard t say without more detail.

Also, I agree with BrightonRosie, have you got your head around Healthy Extras yet?

What books have you got? If it's the daily mirror ones there really wasn't enough info in them to sufficiently follow the diet. If you don't want to join a class I would look into buying a second hand starter pack from ebay...that way at least you have all of the correct info.

Lastly: how reliable are your scales?

Thanks for the link to that post! It cleared up a lot! I didn't think it was so strict! lol

Basically make sure I have SuperFree food with every main meal 1/3 of plate and eat them first! (not been doing for every meal whoops)

Measure Healthy Extra A and B and make sure I have them every day!

Make sure I have all my syns each day I will probably try 10 syns a day for a week see how I get on lol

Don't drink to much Coke Zero -.- lol

And yeah my scales are crap I think I weigh my self twice today and it said at first 11.10 stone and then 12 stone. Will go to boot or something and use there scales

Ease up a little on the bananas too, plenty of people find that they 'bind' a little too well and can stall weight loss. If you're one of the lucky ones that can eat them without a worry then nom away :3

But try limiting to one banana and swapping for a nectarine, a peach, a couple of clementines, even some melon and grapes! Plenty of ideas! Good luck!

Your omelette, add some mushrooms - get some more superfree in there.

Breakfast - I'd suggest having a more substantial breakfast. You mentioned that you snack quite a lot, why not break down your day into 5 meals?

Oh and do not weigh yourself until weigh in day. If you do a sneaky peak during the week and you see a gain from a natural flucuation in your weight it can throw the whole week out and possibly cause you to munch on the naughty stuff.

Stick to plan, measure your healthy extras and your syns, free is free, superfree is better and do not weigh yourself until weigh in day! Good luck!

Nice one thanks! If I have for example some pasta which doesn't have any superfree foods in it would it ok if I was to eat a Apple and a Orange afterwards would that be classes as 1/3 of my meal plate?

The ideal is to have your superfree either before, as a starter, or with your main meal. Just the fact that you have the superfree on the plate helps to limit the amount of free food you eat and keeps your calorie intake in check. But yes you can also have it for dessert as well.

Good luck!

Have you tried adding some veg into your pasta.

Easiest way I do it is fry off (with frylite) mushrooms, peppers, courgettes - these are great as I found they take on the flavour of anything you put them with and any other superfree/free veg I want.

Sauce, can of chopped tomatoes/~400g carton of passata, add cajun spices, herbs, garlic, veg/chicken stock cube and just simmer on a low heat whilst cooking everything else off.

Mix all together and throw in the oven with a Healthy A of cheese on top or if I'm only having half I'll put 2 x Healthy A of cheese on top and have the other half for lunch the next day.

You can use it as a base and add chicken if you want some meat in there and rasher or two of smokey bacon cut up when you're doing the veg. (if adding smokey bacon I ease up on the salt)

Another easy recipe I do is bolognese sauce. 1 can Chopped tomatoes, 1 carton passata, mushrooms, courgette, (your superfree) herbs, spices, garlic. ~500g extra lean mince beef and maybe a slice of smoked bacon.

This makes 5 portions for me and I throw 4 in the freezer. Take it out the night before and it's defrosted in time for lunch (3pm).

It's quick and easy, you can have it on pasta (Penne/spaghetti) or on a jacket potato or on mash potato!

I would say get your superfree in with your meal, if you really can't then having a piece or two of fruit afterward isn't bad - but don't make it a habit, otherwise you're filling up on lovely food and then trying to find room for your superfree.

You could make a soup? Nice superfree veg soup with a few little bits of pasta. Have it as a mini starter to ensure you have your superfree before having the free.

Sorry for the essay, I'm just typing away whilst I think of bits and bobs :)

Thanks! My girlfriend usually cooks my meals haha she likes to cook! but today I had to cook as she was at her mates.

Today I had:

Breakfast - 250ml of Milk on bowl of Weetabix and 2x cup of tea. Banana

Lunch - Small Wholemeal bread x2 with 1 tea spoon of light mayo and 1 tea spoon of light butter with tuna. After had a apple.

Tea - Slimming World chips, beans, fried egg I use fry light on chips didn't need to on egg. After had bowl of strawberrys and apple.

I calculated 10 syns.

Tomorrow we are having homemade vegetable soup so loads of superfree there!

Will try and have superfree before or with my food from now on.

Thanks for the tips!

Thanks! My girlfriend usually cooks my meals haha she likes to cook! but today I had to cook as she was at her mates.

Today I had:

Breakfast - 250ml of Milk on bowl of Weetabix and 2x cup of tea. Banana

Lunch - Small Wholemeal bread x2 with 1 tea spoon of light mayo and 1 tea spoon of light butter with tuna. After had a apple.

Tea - Slimming World chips, beans, fried egg I use fry light on chips didn't need to on egg. After had bowl of strawberrys and apple.

I calculated 10 syns.

Tomorrow we are having homemade vegetable soup so loads of superfree there!

Will try and have superfree before or with my food from now on.

Thanks for the tips!

This is more like a green day. If you don't mind not having much meat and fish but enjoy plates of chips beans and pasta, green days may be better for you on those days.

One way to help cut down on the syns to spare them elsewhere is to drop the butter if you're having light mayonnaise! It's one thing I've always done, but then again if you have syns to spare you may as well use them!

I'm a big fan of green days :D

I'm just starting to do Slimming World at home this week as well. Thanks for the link it was very helpful and I will keep referring to it.

One way to help cut down on the syns to spare them elsewhere is to drop the butter if you're having light mayonnaise! It's one thing I've always done, but then again if you have syns to spare you may as well use them!

Yeah I think I might be a fan of green days going to have a read up so I understand them better lol

Say said:

Me neither, I spend all of my time thinking about steak.

The recipe section of the forum is great for inspiration if you are struggling to get your 1/3 superfree in- there are countless recipes that do it for you so you needn't worry.

For example, when doing a pasta bake, I forfeit one half of the usual amount of pasta for white cabbage! Mr Von Sav never notices, once the sauce is in there it masks the taste and just looks like iddy bits of onion.
Are you not a fan of veggies?

I not a massive fan of veg but I will eat it if its there! Before I started this I was eating Dominos Pizza once a week and having like kebab twice a week :S lol So I never use to have much veg at all!

I will check the recipe forum thanks :)

Back