Starting Slimming World newbie :)

Bunnyg

Determined
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself! I have been on minis for a while as I have been doing Cambridge Diet, but made a decision to come off and do slimming world. I am hoping to join officially on Wednesday - but don't know if it's worth waiting to the new year or not. Does anyone know if new books will be due out in January?

I have a lot to lose, so hoping you'll all be able to help me with my journey! Part of me is a bit gutted about stopping CD as I know it's a quick diet and has it's purpose but I think it's the right thing to do and I am sure I can still lose a reasonable amount each week if I stick to the plan!

So, just thought I'd say hi and now I think I'll have a nosy round the site! :)

Hiya hun, welcome to the SW page.

Join SW now, why put it off?

I'm sure the will be a new book in January as they are introducing a new plan (but you'll still be able to do the current one if you prefer), however, if you're already a member you'll get this book for free anyway.

Do it, do it, do it - you know you want to.... xxxx

Hello. I'm a newbie too, although not totally new to SW...still count myself as a beginner though!
I am going it alone (I have the material from when I was at classes a few months ago) but am debating joining classes in January too - I intend to see how I get on til Christmas (money's a bit tight at the mo, same as many people!) and then perhaps join if I need an extra kick up the wobbly bum. I'm just getting to grips with the current plan - not sure if a new plan would confuse me! lol!

:) thanks!

I do love Slimming World - I have done it before, but went onto Cambridge to try and lose it faster. I have lost just over 2 stone now (must redo my ticker as it's wrong now!) but now feel it's right to come back to lovely slimming world.

My hubby also has a lot to lose, so we'll be doing it together :D

Hello. I'm a newbie too, although not totally new to SW...still count myself as a beginner though!
I am going it alone (I have the material from when I was at classes a few months ago) but am debating joining classes in January too - I intend to see how I get on til Christmas (money's a bit tight at the mo, same as many people!) and then perhaps join if I need an extra kick up the wobbly bum. I'm just getting to grips with the current plan - not sure if a new plan would confuse me! lol!

Hi Hellie!

Yeh, see I was thinking the same thing. Part of me thinks that I should join now as it will keep me on the straight and narrow a bit more even with all the christmas parties etc. I don't expect to lose a load before now and christmas, but I know that if I let myself, I will end up gaining and I definitely don't wanna do that! x

Hi Hellie!

Yeh, see I was thinking the same thing. Part of me thinks that I should join now as it will keep me on the straight and narrow a bit more even with all the christmas parties etc. I don't expect to lose a load before now and christmas, but I know that if I let myself, I will end up gaining and I definitely don't wanna do that! x

Nooo, you definitely don't! It's a dangerous time on the run up to Christmas isn't it, so if joining now will keep you on plan, then DO IT! :D
Sounds like you've done really well so far...fab!

Exactly bunny you said it yourself.......

Welcome to you and your hubby, now offical SW's, when is your class?

Just think, it you join now you could lose 1/2 a stone by Christmas (or maybe more)..... but if you don't you could put on 1/2 a stone (or maybe more.

Seize the day!!

(excuse me for being so motivated and "happy clappy", I've been fannying around on SW for years but have re found my sparkle and motivation for it) xxx

Thanks Lou - great point! :D

It will be a Wednesday, just been looking now. I don't get paid for another week so it may not be this week, but defo gonna get going before Christmas as I don't wanna gain any more weight! x Will keep you posted! x

And it's great to see your enthusiam - keep it coming! x

Hi Bunny!

Loads of CD'ers seem to be switching at the mo! Maybe it's cuzza crimbo coming up etc?

That's one of my main reasons (and also cuz i can't seem to stick to CD anymore!)

Good luck!

Hey Bunny, i've switched over from CD.......oh my god how good does food taste!!!!!! I can't get to my local class for a few weeks cos of work.....booooo! so i've been doing sw from memory!! and with the help of the lovely people on here.......trying to just eat free food at the mo till i get my head around it.... after NO food everything tastes amazing so i'm not too worried about syns etc. I really want to get weighed weekly though i find that a real motivator xxxxxxxxx
Good Luck x

Hey you two! Yes, it does seem a few people are swapping! I can't wait to join a class!!

It is definitely good to eat, but I will just need loads of support to stick with it!! x

:welcome: to the forum :flowers:

Back