Starting Slimming World tonight! Nervous!

This site really is a help only discovered it yday! Well done on your run its a huge achievement... Dont give up, We all know what we want its just a matter of putting 100% into it.. quick question, what happens when you have a night out? How do the syns work then cos I wont be able to stick to just 15!!!

Blonn-de said:
This site really is a help only discovered it yday! Well done on your run its a huge achievement... Dont give up, We all know what we want its just a matter of putting 100% into it.. quick question, what happens when you have a night out? How do the syns work then cos I wont be able to stick to just 15!!!

I always get told by our group leader if u have a night out just try and make good choices. Enjoy yourself and start a fresh the next day. If u know ur out try and have 6 really good days and that will make up for the not so good day. Hope this helps :)

That one is subject to a lot of debate.....
Some people say stick to between 5 & 15 syns - full stop
Some say plan in advance - cut back daily and give yourself extra... ie have 5 a day, save 10 a day, so you have extra that night
some say save a few before, have your night out, and reduce for a few days after
others say - count your syns on a weekly basis.. so upto 105 per week,
Suppose it depends on what day you go out, and what day is WI

Of course, there's the official way: flexi-syn
SW advise that you decide on an upper amount for that day - so 50 syns or 100 syns whatever, count them like you would normally, use them and have your normal 5-15 per day for all of the other days
Don't expect a loss that week, but you are in control..... otherwise it is easy to eat & drink everything in sight, feel guilty, think sod it, and give-up completely...you wouldn't do this every week, but you I'm sure you get the drift

It's all about control, knowledge, guilt - free eating, ok, so you don't have a loss.... in the overall scheme of things, what a pound or 2 over time?? so you get to target a couple of weeks later... this is a lifestyle plan, not a quick loss, and forget it plan, you still need a life - just a controlled one, controlled by you

Hope that helps, and isn't too waffly.

Good Luck
Deb

Thanks for all the really useful tips, I have a bbq this sat and im sooo scared I will mess up my first week on SW... temptation everywhere!! If I try be really good on Sunday hopefully I can overcome it.. :sigh: SW is a really good way to stop me snacking so much, not like weight watchers where Id spend half my points on snacks, something I really dont think is a good idea.

Blonn-de said:
Thanks for all the really useful tips, I have a bbq this sat and im sooo scared I will mess up my first week on SW... temptation everywhere!! If I try be really good on Sunday hopefully I can overcome it.. :sigh: SW is a really good way to stop me snacking so much, not like weight watchers where Id spend half my points on snacks, something I really dont think is a good idea.

If u have time why dont u try and make something sweet to take thats low in syns. Some of the cakes etc r lovely. Or do a sw pasta salad to go with the chicken, be lovely.making me hungry ha

Congratulations on chosing the best weight loss plan (not everyones opinion but certainly mine and lots of others) You will be amazed at how much you lose if you stick to plan, good luck you will find this site most useful. There is always someone on here to help and support you.

Back