• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Starting Slimming World tonight! Nervous!

S: 11st12lb C: 10st2lb G: 9st3lb Loss: 1st10lb(14.46%)
Hi all, decided to give up Weight Watchers and join Slimming World tonight. Basically Ive been on WW since 2008 and lost a stone and half but now Im bored with WW and am stuck on the same weight for almost a year now, put a pound on lose a pound and this goes on and on and on.:8855:Id really appreciate any tips, how u stay motivated and what I can expect from Slimming World :)
Thanks!!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

LisaC

Gold Member
S: 17st0lb C: 17st0lb G: 10st6lb BMI: 40.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hello & welcome to SW!

I tried WW in the past & lost 7lbs in 14 months :( Never worked out why.

I personally love SW, there's so much choice & I'm never hungry. You'll find plenty of support & info on here, these ladies (& a few gentlemen) are a great help. Good luck!

S: 14st6.5lb C: 12st11.5lb G: 9st6lb Loss: 1st9lb(11.36%)
My MIL swears by WW but when I tried it before my wedding i was so hungry all the time! Lost a st then put it all back on in a week on honeymoon lol!

Good luck :D

Thanks for all the support everyone! This site is brilliant for info and support, I think I will be on this quite a bit!! Glad to hear other people had similar problems with WW, just had my final WI with WW just to see if I put on anything, up a pound but not surprised with all the crap I ate over the weekend!! :cry:

S: 14st13lb C: 12st7.0lb G: 12st9.0lb BMI: 23.1 Loss: 2st6lb(16.27%)
i never did ww, but love sw, it fits in with my life, i can eat loads, lose steadly and really enjoy how well i feel from all the healthy eating. good luck

S: 13st3lb C: 13st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 32.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hiya, i started SW yesterday after stalling on atkins, good luck xx

S: 12st4lb C: 11st7lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: 0st11lb(6.4%)
Good luck I prefer sw to ww. U can eat lots and still lose, its very odd but very good :)

S: 15st8.0lb C: 15st8.0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 37.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I love slimming world but one thing I will say is that you may lose motivation from time to time bit if you do the group, the consultant and this site is fantastic support. I lost motivation for the last 5 weeks but my consultant has always been there and helped me to keep my gain to a minimum, in 4 weeks I only gained 4.5lbs and although I put on a further 3.5lbs this week I did a 10k race on Sunday (my weigh in is monday) so am putting it down to water retention.
Other than that I find menu planning the best way to keep motivation and stay on track (on my good weeks, lol) and try plenty of different meals.

Well I bit the bullet last night and went to my first slimming world class, very impressed, could not believe how nice and supportive everyone was! Looks like I wont be doing much snacking! The syn points are quite high on all the things I like but this could be a huge positive!!! Cant wait to get started!! :)

lsf666

Watch this space...
Blonn-de said:
Well I bit the bullet last night and went to my first slimming world class, very impressed, could not believe how nice and supportive everyone was! Looks like I wont be doing much snacking! The syn points are quite high on all the things I like but this could be a huge positive!!! Cant wait to get started!! :)
Snack all you want! Just choose fruit, veg or free foods :)

Plus you'd be amazed how far your syn allowance goes!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Bron

Silver Member
S: 19st2lb C: 18st12lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 42.6 Loss: 0st4lb(1.49%)
Good luck

SW is great and the support on these boards is the best. join a challenge team for extra support and the body magic challenges are a real boost, i'm doing bronze and it has made me drag the bike out of the shed LOL
Enjoy the journey- its part of living

wenchie

Silver Member
S: 18st4lb C: 12st1lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 28.1 Loss: 6st3lb(33.98%)
SW works SO much better for me than WW ever did - all that counting did my head in (I lost just under 50pounds on WW, lost the plot with it and put it all back on again). With SW I really feel that my eating habits and definitely my attitude to food has changed - the way the plan's structured has given me a much healthier attitude to food altogether and given me some of the headspace I needed to work out some of my food-related issues (I'm far from perfect, but I'm getting there ;) and I'm not battling myself this time around).