Starting SW

nicsta

Hi all,

I've kind of started SW last week. I say 'kind of' because I'm not going to any meetings and been doing it purely from some paperwork given to me by a friend,and info online.

I got the books off eBay yesterday, and I'm thinking its gonna be pretty straightforward and easy to stick to, if I can lay off the chocolate!

What I don't get is how it's gonna help me lose weight; with unlimited potatoes and rice & pasta, I don't understand!

Keeping everything crossed that it works; ww wasn't working for me, and I have heard nothing but good stuff about SW!

:)

I posted this to someone else who asked the same "why does it work" question

Good luck on sw if u start it, I've been on it since feb and lost almost 2st! Sorry if i'm repeating some info but the theory is that the free food is much more filling for comparatively less calories so you automatically eat less. It also encourages you to fill up more on fruit and veg, which is great for you. Most recipes can be altered to be either free or very low syn by substituting lower fat alternatives to oil and dairy products. I've never been able to stick to other diets for more than a few weeks, but I'm loving slimming world.

Hope this helps (and doesn't come across too much like a lecturer )

Also they encourage you to listen to your body and stop eating when you are full. With your meals being made up of low cal food and stopping eating once your full and not stuffed you should create the deficit needed in cals to lose weight :)

Good luck,
Dan x

Hey Nicsta

I lost a stone last summer on slimming world

The best thing to do is concentrate on free food and don't waste syns on silly things that you really didnt need

I had a roller coaster winter and half a stone has crept back on but I'm back with full focus and ready to kick butt

I use this site to post my success, struggles, ideas and feelings and everyone is great!

If you are worried about portion control try using a smaller plate and remember to fill at least a third of it with veg/ fruit / salad

Thanks, Sammie!

That is great advice, thank you. I had a sneaky wi earlier on and apparently I've lost 3lb. I'm not taking that as red yet til Tuesday ;)
Xx

If ur intending on weighing at home mid week (I find it helps so I don't get shocked at class), although its not recommended, weigh yourself just before or just after class so you know exactly what the difference between your scales and the class scales is. Mine are about 4lb heavier so I had a very worried week until I figured that out :p

I'm not going to class, I'm too skint to do it :( so I'm doing it from home, and hoping you guys can be my kind of class! I mean for the motivation etc :D hehe

I'm doing exact same as you starting tomorrow, i can't afford to go class but want to loose weight and heard nothing but good things about SW :)

Thankyou miss_taken :)

Something's gotta give, otherwise I'm gonna be unhappy forever, and tbh I think it's time I concentrated on me instead of everybody else :) being a mum, I often forget about me and worry about the family - as I'm sure any mum can relate to me with! :) excuses just won't cut it, I need to be happy so I can teach my girls about being a healthy body image, so they don't grow up with a complex about always being on a diet... Does that even make sense? I hope so. I do ramble a bit; sorry! :-x

Well, not 'instead of' everybody else; that sounds like I'm gonna not look after the family! Haha. I just mean I need to find some 'me' time ;)

Thankyou miss_taken :)

Something's gotta give, otherwise I'm gonna be unhappy forever, and tbh I think it's time I concentrated on me instead of everybody else :) being a mum, I often forget about me and worry about the family - as I'm sure any mum can relate to me with! :) excuses just won't cut it, I need to be happy so I can teach my girls about being a healthy body image, so they don't grow up with a complex about always being on a diet... Does that even make sense? I hope so. I do ramble a bit; sorry! :-x

Makes loads of sense!:)
Sorry for barging in on the topic but as a mum I know exactly what you mean! I am always looking after my little girl first and desperately missing me time. Plus that I really like to loose my weight before she notices mummies struggles with her body. Grew up with a mum obsessed about her weight, which has caused quite a few issues for myself.
Doing SW on my own too with some books, the magazines and these forums:) Good luck:)

Makes sense to me 2 ;) I don't have children but I i know I'm guilty of the same thing, too busy taking care of everyone else. I decided to do the same thing and take some me time instead of always worrying about everyone else...it's easier in my case, all the people who I've been fussing over are adults and should be taking care of themselves anyway :p
Good luck to all of u who are starting and keep up the good work to those who have already started

Aww, I'm glad I wasn't talking scribble!

Good luck to all of you :D

Stacey, that sounds yummy :) I had weetabix with s/s milk, then forunch I had a jacket spud with prawns and low-fat sauce with salad, and for dinner I'm having a shepherds pie! Yum!

Back