Starting Tomorrow

tamtam

Hey everyone!

I'm starting SlimFast tomorrow. Am really hoping it works for me!

Quick question though. Do you have to have snacks in the day or are they just there incase you get hungry? Will it affect my weight loss if I don't have snacks?

Hi TamTam,

The three snacks are intended to be eaten, because it keeps your metabolism ticking if you eat throughout the day also it stops you from getting absolutely famished when you'd be more likely to binge. That being said I don't always have all of mine, although I usually do, depends on what kind of day I'm having. If I'm busy running around I'll sometime miss the morning snack. But if I do this sometimes I'll make it up later in the day and have it then :)

But make sure you have at least 1200 cals a day as it'll stop your body from going into starvation mode.

Yes there are so many things you can have for snacks, not just the SF ones. See the sticky post on 100 cal snacks, loads of great ideas in there. I always try and have fruit for one of my snacks, then prob a cereal bar, crackers or muller light etc. Keeps me going through the day!

Yeh all I can do is echo what the others have said don't think of the "snacks" in the normal sense of chocolate and crisps ;) think of the good things you can do with the extra calorie allowance like an Apple for 80 calories or a banana for around 100 calories.

Thanks for your advice.

I'm just not used to eating anything except breakfast lunch and dinner so don't want to force myself to eat something unless I absolutely have to for the diet

You might find that eating the six smaller meals instead of the three you have been eating will actually speed up your metabolism and help shift those pounds :)

Well I didn't end up starting on Saturdayand I started on Monday instead.

Have been doing really well and using the Slim Fast Recipes (which are soooo yummy)

I've been having an apple as my first snack and then a weightwatchers caramel wafer bar as my second and thrid snack (so I can get something sweet in there lol)

Am hoping I lose weight because I'm sooo hungry haha

Back