Step aside Susan Boyle!

Unexpected wasn't it :D Back in the baroque times, he would have been considered a superstar, though in those days they used to have to have a nasty operation to achieve this ;)

I don't think he'll get very far into the competition though.

mmmm....I don't know....I think he's cool! Looks good, sings good...better then the others the worlds raving about...to me, anyway. Could be a dark horse!

AND he is able to do that without the snip! thats pretty impressive!

Oh yes, impressive, though he'll need to work on his diction. Just can't see him getting a contract over here. Great that he was to watch, I can't see people buying a whole album of it.

With a lot of training, maybe. His ability was that he could sing very high, and that was totally unexpected. He didn't sing it very well, little musicality, phrasing etc, but it was fun to watch and I loved his jeans :D

We'll see.

I think he was great as a novelty/surprise act but cant see many people wanting to rush out and buy his album. Too limited a shelf life I suspect and appealing too to restricted an audience

OH thought he was a woman even looking like that. Interesting novelty act but I wonder what else he can do??

Just out of curiosity - why do you guys refer to him as a novelty act, rather then someone who can sing, quite well, opera?

Is it cause he doesn;t look like Paul Potts? I just don;t get it - I thought he was amaing, and I would by an album. His voice is beautiful.

Maybe its not technically perfect - I don;t know anyting about opera other then I like many peices.

but i fail to see why he is a novelty act?

Because he couldn't hold a show on his own. He'd be one of the acts doing the circuit in Blackpool or the like for the holiday season between the magician and the stand up comic. They're all noveltiy acts. Well to me they are anyway, talented or not.

but i fail to see why he is a novelty act?

Because, how I see it anyway, without it being a novelty act, there wasn't that much left. Nothing whatsoever wrong with being a novelty act I should add. I love novelty acts :D

But take away the unexpectedness of it. In other words, just listen to it on a record without knowing it's a guy, and it would have been quite a poor rendition of Nessun Dorma.

I did think it was amazing. Good looking guy, not a bad tone of voice, very high notes :clap:, but where were the words? I guess he forgot them. He certainly didn't sing them.

The emphasis was on how high he could sing, and that was the novelty factor. If he wanted to use his voice to show off a beautiful aria, then he failed in that respect IMO, and that is what music is all about.

Back