Steve Lewis Butchers Greasby

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Gill2712, 28 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Gill2712

Gill2712 New Member

Hi Everyone

New to site and looking for people who shop at Steve Lewis butchers in Greasby on the Wirral. They do syn free sausages, burgers etc. Does anyone know if the black pudding is syn free or what syn value it is if not free? (please say its free coz its gorg :).

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. orion83

orion83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st13lb
    Current Weight:
    23st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(1.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Gill - I buy all my meat from that butchers - its divine! Our consultant said that the black pudding is unlikely to be free but will be low syns but doesnt know exactly how many!

Have you seen all the stuff he does for BBQ's in the summer.

x x x x

4. Gill2712

Gill2712 New Member

Hi Orion

Thanks for answering, I am sitting on my hands here stop me hitting the syns cupboard LOL. I only joined last week so have only been to the butchers once. I am working my through it all though :). Cant wait to see the Summer stuff mmm. Whats your favourite? I will ask my consultant this week see if they know if I get an answer I will let you know. Only trouble is I am eating it by the blinkin slab LOL.

xx

5. orion83

orion83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st13lb
    Current Weight:
    23st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(1.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It is gorgeous - I think he puts gammon pieces in it too. I love the sausages - have them in a casserole or skin them to make meatballs. Got loads in the fridge that will be tea for tomorrow!

What class do you go to? Im in Greasby so walk up to the butchers after class when Im all motivated! xx

6. Gill2712

Gill2712 New Member

Thats a good idea with the sausages, think I will give that a go - Thanks. I am not keen on the chilli ones mind you I dont like spices :). I go to a class in Wallasey, lost 4lb this week so I am hoping for a loss this week too. Mind you the way I am knocking back this black pudding I will be getting a gain lol.

Keep up the good work Orion x

7. FatTony

FatTony Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.16%)
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    Does he still do the syn free range? I haven't been in a while or to classes so don't know if anythings changed

8. Jaq

Jaq Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Slimming world no longer approve butchers Tony and so you'd need to get the nutrional values and run them through the calculator to see if any products from previously accredited butchers are still free.

9. FatTony

FatTony Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.16%)
    Diet:
    Slimmers World
    K, thanks I guess Ill just have to ask if its the same recipe they used when they were approved

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.