Stew

dizzydee70 said:
never though of chicken curry for slow cooker. let me know how it turns out and how spicy it is as i dont tolerate spicy food well :(

I don't do spicy & that was far too spicy for me. Maybe if you tried it just half a sachet? Think that's what I'll do nxt time, I dint put spinach in either xxx

I don't like kidney, just the smell turns my stomach. Does sound delish tho. I never brown meat or soften onions, just chuck it in. I bought a chicken curry slow cooker sachet for 2 Moro night so will report back on my findings xxx

Im thinking of investing in a slow cooker, can you really just chuck everything in without browning? x

Honestly, that's what I do. I once read in a Jamie Oliver book that even when cookin a stew in oven, browning the meat has no benefits. If Its good enough for jamie, it's good enough for me. Also saves on washing up xxxxx

A real stew doesn't need anything added.

Put a small amount of butter in the bottom of the pot and brown your veg then add your diced meat. Leave to cook slowly while covered stirring occasionally for about 3 hours- (the slower the better) at this stage the pot should be full of juices and you can add your potatoes diced into medium chunks and cook slowly for another hour or so until the potatoes are cooked again stirring occasionally. Leave to sit for about and hour before eating. Also stew is always best the next day!!

any idea how many points this recepie is?? sounds really lovely!!.. :rolleyes:

Had stew on sunday evening, i worked it out at 18 points, including dumplings (no potatoes), but that was a BIG portion as i had no lunch that day, was very yummy!!!

Back