1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Stewed Apple?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by timebird, 4 October 2008 Social URL.

1. timebird

timebird New Member

Hi All

Newby here. Does anyone have a recipe for stewed apple please?
    I am a total novice cook, I don't even know what temperature to put it on! Please help.:confused:
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. northernboi

northernboi Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I can't find anything for stewed apple but I was looking at a baked mincemeat apple recipe the other day that might help? I think it's supposed to be an alternative to mince pies...

Serves: 1
    Syns per serving:
    Free on Original and Green*
    *Add 6 Syns if not using the apple and mincemeat as a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice.

227g/8oz apple
    1 level tbsp mincemeat
    Very low fat natural yogurt
    Ground cinnamon

1. Remove the core from the apple using an apple corer or suitable knife.

2. Fill the hole with the mincemeat then bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes or until the apple is cooked through.

3. Top with the yogurt and a sprinkling of cinnamon.

4. timebird

timebird New Member

Thank you so much, sounds delish.
  5. Gene Genie

Gene Genie Mad as cheese

basically to stew an apple you take the apple peel it chop it into chunks then put it in a pan with a couple of tablespoons of water and a couple of tablespoons of sugar , so in our case splenda just put it on a gentle heat kinda fair to middlin then stir occasionally if you like you can add cinnamon which you need about a quarter of a teaspoon this will do about 4 cooking apples
  6. doratheexplora

doratheexplora Full Member

omg i love this pud i usually have this for my pud after my sunday roast, but instead of the natural yogurt use muller light vanilla yogurt taste fabulous xx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.