Stinger!

Sharpalina

So i had my third weigh in yesterday since i restarted and im down another four & 1/2 pounds, over the moon. That leaves me at 11st 5. Chemist i go to is unbeleiveably CRAP! I get taken in, weighed(very publically i might add) and my shakes get given to me. Not even a ''how you gettin on with it?'' or anything from Pharmacist. Not to mention everytime i go i get a different person! Anyways, I was told this wk tho that after next wk i am going to be a a healthy BMI of 24.9 (which im delighted with, dont get me wrong) but will have to stop TFR! Im devastated. I want to get to ten stone. Im know i look so much better than i did and am so much skinnier, but keep thinking about being in Thailand in January lying on a beach (in a bikini :O ) and i know i still have another stone to lose before im comfortable with doing that. I am looking forward to refeeding, but dont feel like i want to do it just yet..Maybe when i get to 10 & 1/2 stone. Im devastated. What makes it worse was yesterday Chemist told me i had only lost 2 lbs. But when i looked at the tracker they keep, i seen i was down two kilos. So left Chemist all confused and ended up ringing them then mid day and asking them to check it. They had calculated it wrong and i had infact lost 4 1/2 lbs! I just feel like i give this chemist €70 a wk and i dont feel like they are helpful in anyway. Anyone any advise? Could i change chemist at this stage? :(

Did they set a target when you started? If they did they have to let you stay on LT until you get near it. My pharmacy target put my BMI around 23 (I was happy to get under a bmi of 25?) and there was never a mention of me coming off as soom as my bmi went under the 25 mark? Why would they do that when they're going to be making money by keeping you on it?
I'd contact the LT helpline and ask their advice? Tell them your pharmacy as it's in their interest to know what they're telling people doing LT.
Good luck!

thats great, yea you can change chemists, the one I go to I find really good... very supportive of all decisions you want to make and all that.. even said when I am not doing it to pop in for a weigh in any time.... although they do often make a mistake with the kilo/pounds thing haha but they do me a print out each week in pounds too so that claify's everything then...

i go to one over in D4.... not sure if it would be near you, i work beside it so it is handy enough for me

My first pharmacy was rubbish too and if you can possibly change you should. These people are making money out of you and you deserve a proper private service, encourageent and advice. I changed (after phoning LT) and amd thrilled with my new pharmacy - they offer a fantastic service. It's further to go but so worth it.
Coming off TFR is another issue. If they're suggesting a proper maintenace programme then you will continue to lose weight so maybe their advice isn't so bad? IrishMum is right - phone LT and get their advice.

Good luck (and congratulations on such a fantastic loss)

Jon
x

My worry is coming off at 10.10stone :( I'd like to stay on till about 9 stone. What am going to say is my gym instructor has advised me to stay on till 9 stone and bulid up to 10stone but with muscle so I'm toned.. Maybe if you could say this?

Well done on your loss! That's great!

I don't think they should be telling you to come off LT the moment you cross the healthy BMI line - provided you were overweight to begin with, I didn't think they would do that. If they're that rubbish can't you just say 'no'? Mine don't even weigh me so I could be wasting away & they wouldn't know ;-)

Good luck!! :)

Hannah

Back