Stokiehan's Excess Baggage Removal Diary

stokiehan

I've been reading a lot of these weight loss diaries, and they make for fantastic reading. It's brilliant to see what people are eating and how they are keeping on track so I thought I'd have a go at my own. Hopefully a daily public log will keep me on track.

I rejoined Slimming World last night after a break of about a year. I originally joined a few years back and lost 3 stone, which was fantastic, although I did still have quite a bit to go. Then I had a bit of a dodgy patch and wasn't losing and for some reason decided to leave. I then decided to rejoin again but at a different class. I had put 1 stone on, so wasn't thrilled but glad it wasn't anymore. I did really well at the class and lost around 1st and 1/2. I then had a lot on and decided to stop going to class again. I've tried doing it at home but it really doesn't work for me that way. So I went back last night and am relived to have only put 10lbs on.

This time I need to do it. I ideally want to lose 6 and 1/2 stone now, something that I have never done before. But I need to do it this time and stop messing around and making excuses. So hopefully this record will help! I am 28 now and would like all this excess baggage shifted before I am 30!

So my first thing to do is to set a goal: To lose 1 stone by the end of July. I'm hoping that breaking it up into small achievable targets will be better than one massive target that seems like a dream rather than a reality.

So here's what's happening today:

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix with 200ml semi skimmed milk and an apple
Dinner: Tuna Mayo Pasta Salad with mixed lettuce leaves, celery, cucumber, spring onions, sweetcorn
Tea: 2 x Tesco Healthy Living Sausages, Savoury Rice, Peas, Carrots, Brocolli
Syns: Extra Light Mayo (1.5tbsp) - 1.5syns, Sausages -1syn, MullerLight Greek Style - 0.5syn, French Fries - 4syns TOTAL: 7syns

Body Magic: 15min walk up and down hill

Hi and welcome :) Just wanted to wish you luck. I turned 39 this week and want my excess baggage gone before I'm 40! All the best :D

Aww thanks for that, good luck to you too!! We can do it! (I'm starting to sound like an American president now!)

Well I enjoyed my first day, and glad to get it under the belt! I had a different tea than expected so the end of my day turned out like this:

Tea: 2 x Tesco Healthy Living Sausages, Mushroom and Pepper Omelette, Beans
Syns: Extra Light Mayo (1.5tbsp) - 1.5syns, Sausages -1syn, MullerLight Greek Style - 0.5syn, French Fries - 4syns Cheese 6syns HiFi Bar 3 TOTAL: 16syns

So I went one over on my syns but I'm not going to worry about this too much. So today's plan is looking good so far:

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix with 200ml semi skimmed milk and an apple
Dinner: Tuna Mayo Pasta Salad with mixed lettuce leaves, celery, cucumber, spring onions, sweetcorn
Tea: Carvery - meat, potatoes, veg, yorkshire pud and gravy
Syns: Extra Light Mayo (1.5tbsp) - 1.5syns, MullerLight Greek Style - 0.5syn, TOTAL: TBC syns

I need to look up the syn values for gravy and yorkshire puds before I go, and will prob have to add on some for butter as well, but I think I should stay within my syns. I only got my pin number for the website this morning and don't have my card on me, so will check later. Also I've agreed to drive so I shall be on the diet pop, so won't need any syns for alcohol.

Tommorow is going to be my big test. I'm going to a cake party thing tomorrow and will be making a cake tonight for it. But I am going to resist it all, if I have one I'll want it all!! Then I'm going to a curry night at a friends house so will need to save my syns for that!! Why do these things always come up when you're detirmined to be good!!!

Back