story attempt

sasha23

I once listed my hobby as changing schools, with this being the 5th time this year, I entered my classroom with a heavy sigh. The class was bursting at the seams, hot and sweaty with the windows having been glued shut. I guess suicide was a big thing hear.
The teacher looked towards me and I waited for the usual instruction to introduce myself.
"Why are you just standing there, go sit down and stop distracting my class."

Last edited:
I squeezed myself through the rows of tables, walking for what felt like a lifetime as over 100 pairs of eyes stared at me. The look on their faces suggesting they sensed fresh meat and were ready to play

I sat at the last available seat, it was a maths class and settled in looking out the window. It was a warm day and the leaves were still in the suffocating heat outside.
"Am I boring you Miss Smith? Are you going to be one of those students?" The teacher asked

I stared him down with the my best bored expression without responding, he turned red and insisted I come and solve a problem on the board. I walked slower than necessary taking regular breaks and acting as if I was out of breathe. I could see him getting angry and had a vision of him bursting. I expected the class to laugh but it was deadly silent. I proceeded to write on the board in big numbers solving the simple quadratic equation.

Last edited:
On my way back to my desk I noticed something I hadn't before, everyone was dressed in grey uniform, no makeup and a blank expression on their face. I was completely underdressed in comparison in my short skirt and vest top. At the end of the class the teacher told me to stay behind.
"Miss Smith, since you are new here I will go easy on you, but cross me again and it will be the last thing you ever do."
I went to laugh but the look on his face made me think against it.

Last edited:
I exited the classroom feeling unsure of what was happening.
"You have to be careful" a deep voice said behind me making me jump
"Usually people who give trouble, only give trouble once."
I looked at the serious set of his face and the deep green of his eyes. I was speechless, I don't think I had ever seen anyone so handsome.
"Can you still talk?" he asked, and from the lack of humour in his voice it seemed like a genuine question.
It was at that point I started to feel fear.

He looked at me and speaking in hushed whipsers started to tell me the story of the school.
"It all started 3 years ago, there was this girl called Tracy, she thought it would be funny to flirt with the teacher in the class, making him go red so people would laugh. It went on for 2 weeks, she would stroke his arm, sit on his lap in class, and lick her lips. Simple things like that. The one day the teacher tells her to stay behind and the whole class is like oooo, cause we know she is in trouble. But no one would have imagined that she would disappear the next day. There was a 3 week investigation with police questioning everyone, trying to find out if maybe she ran away somewhere and if so where. The search was finally stopped and she was never found."

Back