Strawberry muffin - someone is having a laugh!!

Size10wannabe

Just have to say... after someone raving on about strawberry muffins i rushed off to make one in my microwave the other day..

I mixed it as said, gave it the required time as said...Short answer was after a rather promising start, it ended up like an extra from the film Alien, smelling extremely odd.. and being extremely slimey. I chucked it in the bin, but come to think of it.. it may be alive and now breeding other mutants at the bottom of my bin!

And to the other person who said the orange water flavouring added to fizzy water made it taste like tango.....I beg to differ!!!!

hehe.. how desperate are we...?

xx

just seen it on torchwood !!!!

not as bad as the vanilla one made into muffins, looked and tasted like ear wax!! almost vomited into the cup!

Fizzy water and st clements flavouring tastes like flat lemonade to me. As for the muffin - not made a strawberry one - only choc ones - but it sounds like you've put too much water in. It should be a thick paste like butter icing that almost hurts your wrist to stir together in the ramekin.

I know what you mean, but then I hate all the sweet sachets except choc and vanilla.

Now if someone had a receipe for meat pie muffins, then they would be my best friend.

you could try making the chicken soup into a muffin, might be like a scone.
I have thought about it.
Hmm, might try one for lunch.

Hi Guys......

Really strange the first time i did this i just did the packs and was on my way..... now i hate them all!!!!!!! I read all you going on about them, and i just can't get enthusiastic about any of them..... i just do chicken crisps and chocolate milkshake or raspberry, I did try vanilla and coffe and threw up same with hot chocolate and the same with a pepeermint tea!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have come to the conclusion i need to move in with one of you or better still spend a week with each of you and get you to make them for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO who's first

They say that your tastes buds change, which must be true because when I first had the nut crunch bar, I thought i was eating sawdust and now it is one of my fav. bars because of all the things I can do with it.

Also Banana muffin- is quite good, I ran out of the banana shake yesterday and I made it with vanilla, and for the first time I think I got the consistency right because the muffin was moist and airy vs dense and hard... but I love those muffins now. i will try it with the strawberry one day.

I think the recipe with the soup pack, made into a "muffin" is called "Stuffing" cause I guess it is supposed to taste like stuffing... I haven't tried it yet.. but would love to know what people thing.

:-x

Well I should think I am the nearest, your welcome, especially if you like housework;) - cause I hate it.

well, tried the chicken muffin, it wasn't that bad, the outside texture was a little like pastry, the only thing was it was a little salty, but I find that with the crisps too.

I had the veg as a stuffing muffin......didn't think much to it......especially in comparision to the choc......mmmm.....

I think I will let you two keep experimenting until you get it right. I can even make the crisps right yet - Opps for that was one of my goals this week.

I have given up on making anything other than strawberry custard, it goes all fluffy when in the micro nuker but it's lovely and hot fluffy pink yum yums. I love it. er.. that and the fact I am useless at cooking. Still it's only week 2 for me and I have such a long way to go, you'll all be gone by the time I get to the end of this...

I have given up on making anything other than strawberry custard, it goes all fluffy when in the micro nuker but it's lovely and hot fluffy pink yum yums. I love it. er.. that and the fact I am useless at cooking. Still it's only week 2 for me and I have such a long way to go, you'll all be gone by the time I get to the end of this...

I'll still be here lol.... :D By then we will be Chef Extrodanaiire's!

Back