Struggling to keep going

Metal_Gear_Panda

Hi Guys,

Thought I would come in here as I'm feeling a bit a bit low today. I had a really crap weekend (all my fault food wise) and just cant seem to keep my head up. I know it's probably cause I'm not happy elsewhere (work is getting me down). I dont have long to lose the weight, although I am doing it for health reasons as well but I have 7 months to fit into a dress that was bought for me last year (which didnt fit then either!)

I have lost 9lbs all together and I've lost about 1 inch between my hips and waist but I cant budge it now, I feel like I'm lacking everything and just needed to come in here and get it off my chest.

Sorry for whinging

:sigh:

No need to apologise, that's what we're all here for so we can have a moan and whinge when we need it and here is a (((hug))) from me too.

I do understand how you are feeling; my weight and work had been getting me down too, work still is but I'm trying not to focus on it at the moment.

You have done amazingly well losing 9lb :) that is a fantastic loss, well done.

What you ate on the weekend is done now and can't be changed so the best piece of advice I can give you is to dust yourself off, draw a line under the weekend and start afresh today. Maybe try little techniques like take a photo of your dress and stick it on the fridge door, cupboard doors, back of toilet doors etc to use as a reminder of your target.

Most importantly try to stay positive and keep smiling and focus on the achievements you have made like deciding to make changes and losing 9lb and inches which is something to be so proud of.

((((hugs)))) thanks for the hug! Makes me feel a lot better just having someone to talk to about it, as I feel when I'm talking to my other half sometimes it falls on deaf ears because he continues to say he loves me for me and not what size I am (which is sweet I guess but doesnt help when I want a moan!)

I have decided to take your advice and am going to draw a line under the sand and be good for the rest of the week, I have my exercise class tonight (ZUMBA!) and I will just try and feel as upbeat as i can.

I'm glad I'm not alone!

Lots of love

Gemma xxx

(((((((((hugs))))))))) aww hiya hun... i'm struggling a bit too this week... then i found this post... http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/166469-i-did-target.html

it really gave me the inspiration to push through... look at how amazing you can look...

surely no food can taste as good as getting slim feels :D... just keep going! we can all do this together! xoxoxoxo

Hi Gemma,

We are all on here because times get tuff with the whole "Diet thing"!! xx

You will get there. Like Welshgirl says draw a line and get back to it. Set a small achievable goal for tomorrow ..... like 2 fruit and 1.5ltr of water. Then set another small goal for the next 2 days and so on...Before you know it you will have done a week.

I find when i go off track with points as I did last 4 days of last week (Thurs to Sun) I set something easy to get abck into things. Today was my 20pts and 2 ltrs of water. I am doing this for 2 days and then will set another 2 day goal on top of this one to maintain.

Come on hun, big hugs and you are going to do this.

Oh and what is the dress for ???? wedding?

Bren
X

I've got Zumba tonight too, I love it :D

My Oh is the same and while it is sweet, sometimes we need them to understand that we need to be happy with ourselves not just with how others perceive us. Plus, trying to talk to my OH when the TV is on is also usually pointless as he usually continues to stare at the TV having not heard a word I said lol.

The dress is a bridesmaid's dress, I am (for the second time) going to be a bridesmaid, it was easier the first time cause I got the dress made for my specifics, this time it was a internet bought one and thought "I have pleanty of time" not any more lol! But yeah, I've started with 1.5L which I have achieved so far, and I've had a light lunch which is good.

Yeah my OH is a bit like that too Welshgirl, if he's on the computer playing WoW (World of Warcraft, yes we are both geeks) then it is like getting through to a brick wall lol!

((((hugs))))

Gem xx

Well I'm here again lol! Still struggling, and panicking now due to the date being less than 6 months, and I have to loose at least 2 stone maybe more before the dress will even fit I think, I dont even want to try it on to be honest I'm that worried about it!

Back