Struggling with hunger

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
Having done SW for two years where free food was in abundance, I am now struggling to keep within my 29 points as I am so hungry when I get in from work and during the evening. I snack on fruit but that seems to make me more hungry and there is only so many vegetables you can munch on. I try to keep my 49 weeklies as I do like to go out at the weekend. Has anyone else struggled and how did you deal with it. Thank you xx

Reactions: GLL
i havnt really felt hungry like this as i have 48 dailies. i hope you find an answer soon though. nothing worse than hunger pangs.

I was on SW a long time ago and even though great for the free foods but it didn't teach me portion control which is why I'm fat in the first place! Lol. With regards to hunger I'm afraid I've not been too bad BUT I have been through it and what I used to have which found really helped take away those hunger pangs was a cup of hot bovril. I'm not sure how many pp are in this but am sure that it is quite low. Good luck and I hope you get through it soon x

I drink loads of water which seems to help me.

For me, it's something I'm just used to. Don't get me wrong, I'm not starving all the time. But a couple of hours after my 3 main meals, I'm hungry again. I will snack on healthy things and within my points but I'm so used to having that feeling of hunger there, that it doesn't bother me.

I know some will say that's bad but I must stress that I am NOT starving!

zero point soups are a good filler anytime of day. fresh fruit and ww yogurts could be a very low pointed brekkie so you have some extras for lunch and dinner.

zero point soups are a good filler anytime of day. fresh fruit and ww yogurts could be a very low pointed brekkie so you have some extras for lunch and dinner.
Like that idea. Thank you xx

I was the same my first few weeks, I also
Converted from Sw, i always felt hungry and I ended up snacking a lot in between my meals and i think this was because I was trying to keep my meals to as low points as possible as I didn't want to waste my pp but I ended up wasting them on unfilling snacks anway! The last few weeks I have tried to use the majority of my daily points on my 3 filling meals and i have found that this has helped a lot with hunger! Xx

I have been doing this diet for about 9 weeks and i am loving the zero point soups at the moment... they are really filling! i have just had a root vegetable with orange which was lovely!!! This makes your lunch free and then you can snack or have a bigger dinner!! :)

I normally try to have more proteins than carbs, and when I have carbs I try to privilege starch against sugary ones. I divide my points almost equally between breakfast lunch and dinner and if I'm hungry when I cook dinner I have a pack of cherry tomatoes. It helps that I absolutely LOVE snacking on cherry tomatoes, I just wish they were less expensive!

That's a typical menu I would have:

breakfast (8pp)
35g Ready Break chocolate 3pp
100ml skimmed milk 1pp
100g Total 0% greek yogurt 1pp
1 banana, half smashed with the yogurt and the other half eaten first thing
120ml orange juice
1 medium egg

lunch(6 or 7pp):
1 apple, 1 pear
18g mixed nuts 3pp
300g cherry tomatoes
with either:
2 slices of nimble bread 3
2 slices of ham 1
20g philadelphia extra light 1
(in this case I would have 12g of mixed nuts for 2pp!)

or:
2 slices of Ryvita wholegrain 2pp
1 can of Sainsbury's tuna mayo with sweetcorn 2pp
300g cherry tomatoes

or:
sainsbury's microwavable vegetable soup 4pp

or:
Sainsbury's microwavable spicy tomato and basil soup 2pp
2 slices of Ryvita wholegrain 2pp

or:
100g uncle ben's mexican rice 4pp

or:
salad made with watercress and the 300g of cherry tomatoes cut and dressed in 1 tsp olive oil 1pp
1 can of Sainsbury's tuna mayo with sweetcorn 2pp

dinner:
either a WW pizza (11pp) or a chicken breast roasted (4pp) with roasted potatoes (4/5pp) and stir fry vegetables, or 2 quorn burgers (4 or 5pp) with roasted potatoes or an angus burger topped with a slice of ww cheese (7pp) with stir fried vegetables, my own recipe of chilli con carne or beef curry (10pp which include also 60g of wholegrain rice), salmon fillets (6pp), smoked cod or haddock (3pp) and so on... plus any low fat dessert like the good for you things from Sainsbury's or WW desserts or Tesco's light choices... for roughly 2 to 4/5pp each depending on what I have had previously. If I had too much previously I can also opt for a sugar-free jelly as a dessert.

I hope this can give you some ideas. I do feel that if I divide the points equally I'm much less likely to be hungry in between meals than if I just fill myself with fruit and save too many points for dinner. Also, it gives my body energy all day around to keep me going and I don't concentrate my food intake on the evening when it would be more difficult for me to burn it, but this is just my opinion! I also try to have less carbs at dinner time, privileging proteins and fat at that time of the day.

I use a few of my weeklies every day so my meals are filling. I could never get by for breakfast on a yogurt and banana and lunch on a few crispbreads.

Don't forget though that to feel hungry before a meal is normal. I am always starving when I get in from work but thats just my body telling me it's tea time!

Also, in the evening are you really hungry (ie tummy rumbling) or is it just mouth hunger? Maybe evenings are the time when you are bored/tired/stressed etc and you just fancy something to distract yourself. But if there is a large gap between your evening meal and bedtime then perhaps you should plan a light snack.

Last edited:
i changed from sw to ww a couple of weeks ago and my stomach thought my throat had been cut!

found it much easier this week. my weeklies are mostly used at the weekend but i always make sure i have a couple of spare daily points for a ww rich toffee bar which makes me think the diet is not so bad after all lol

time!

Also, in the evening are you really hungry (ie tummy rumbling) or is it just mouth hunger? Maybe evenings are the time when you are bored/tired/stressed etc and you just fancy something to distract yourself. But if there is a large gap between your evening meal and bedtime then perhaps you should plan a light snack.
My tummy is rumbling out loud !! when i get home from work and I need to eat immediatley but it is too early for dinner. I may plan a prope snack at 5.30 to counteract this Thank you

try having more protein it keeps you fuller for longer x

Brightonrosie said:
My tummy is rumbling out loud !! when i get home from work and I need to eat immediatley but it is too early for dinner. I may plan a prope snack at 5.30 to counteract this Thank you

I get in about 5.30 and put my dinner on straight away. I can't wait till later lol! If I can't even wait until it is cooked, I raid a jar of pickled cucumbers which I love, as an hors d'oeuvres

Back