Struggling

ican

Hi all
I'm really really struggling at moment to stay focused. Having an 810 week as my loses have slowed down on week 7 been following ss+ but today and yesterday feel like stopping I'm so miserable, had cheeky look at scales today and have lost nothing weigh in on a Wednesday. Was thinking if I was to leave cd and follow slimming world will I just pile on the pounds, I'm scared to leave cd but feel in three weeks haven't lost alot and is it worth putting myself through this arrrgggg so frustrated, also having week with no bars to see if that's affecting loses and really missing them

What are your stats? How much have you lost altogether?

Hi
Have lost 29 lb which I know is fab have another 1 1\2 or 2 stone left to loose haven't decided on goal weight was going to see what I felt good at. Have been 100 % the whole 7 weeks just finding the slow weight loss hard to keep me going at the moment :(

This comes up a lot, but for one thing weds is not here yet!

My personal opinion is that if you have had slow weeks on cambridge, why would you expect it to be quicker at slimming world? I'd guess if its slowish here it would be even slower elsewhere!

Its important to look at your average loss over at least a month I think and never focus on only one week.

I know slimming world will be slower but I just feel is it worth feeling like I do at the minute when I could be loosing same amount of weight on sw and eating more :( think just having bad few days but can't see light at end if tunnel yet :(

I done CD before lost 2stone 5lbs then it slowed right down to 1/1.5lb a week so I went to WW which I stuck to and lost 3lbs in my first week! I went on to lose a further 10lbs but sadly gave up and am back here as went back to my bad eating habits :( my own fault and lesson learnt!! Good luck with your choice :) xx

It's already been said, but it's so true. It's a long time until Wednesday. Don't let sticky scales derail you. You get sticky scales at SW too. And WW. And Rosemary Conley. And calorie counting, and low carbing, etc., etc.

The body is not a machine. However much the experts spout on about it taking a 3,500 calorie deficit for you to lose a pound, it doesn't quite work like that. You can lose fat and not have it show on the scales because you're retaining water. Your body's retaining water because it's a really clever bit of kit that does its utmost to keep things ticking over in the way it always has - it's trying to maintain the status quo (the scientific word is homeostasis).

The biggest lie you can tell yourself at this stage is that you'd lose just as much/more by doing SW. Cos I can promise you, you wouldn't. The best that might happen is that you might lose a pound the first week. Then, despite doing the diet 100%, you'll start gaining. One pound, then two, then three - maybe up to half a stone as your body's glycogen and water stocks are replenished. Only then, probably a month down the line into SW, will you start losing weight again, at a rate of 1-2lbs a week, if you're lucky.

The chances are that you'll be so disheartened by it not working that you'll give up on SW before you get to the end of that month. In which time you'd have lost maybe 12lbs to a stone if you'd stayed on Cambridge.

How do I know? I've done it. :rolleyes:

I had a blip and then ten days when the scales didn't move. I knew I looked much thinner, but I did start to panic and think that 810 didn't work any more.

Perhaps you could chat to your CDC about your next move. You've achieved so much with CD, it would be a shame to leave now. CWP advise that you step up the programmes to prepare for maintenance anyway so perhaps a higher plan would be a way forward.

Thanks Lilly and Mandy mac. Lilly you make so so much sense. Thank you I can get through this just need to look at it differently. :)

:clap:

Yes you can, ican (LOL) :)

The thing is, you've lost 29lbs in 7 weeks. That's just over 4lbs a week if you average it out. You just won't get those losses on any other diet. The average is a stone a month - well, you only need another pound to have that average spot on. You're not having slow losses. :) It's just that everyone (including me!!) want those great big losses they had in the first week(s).

Hang in there!

Hi ican,
Reading your thread and really felt for you. Lilly made so much sense I'm I'm really pleased you thrashed it out on here and have stuck strong. Be really proud of yourself, its a real hurdle you've just crossed. Well done. Keep going ....

Thanks flowery
Feeling so much more positive today putting it on forum really helped and what Lilly said really struck a cord and made so much sense. This forum has been a life saver from day one love reading how everyone is getting on and feeling , and love how everyone is so surportive. :) :)

right my lovely.

when you have not as much to loose your body usually sts for a about 5 of the 8 days in the week and when you think you're going to get a STS your body drops like 3lbs overnight. you will also get weeks where you won't loose. your body needs catch up time, so you might retain water! just don't stress, don't jump ship quite so soon.

it does work. if you left and went to sw or ww you'll probably find you'll put on the first week, sts the 2nd then start loosing on the 3rd week as you'll re-carb yourself and that will fill your glucogen cells initiallt for the swap! however, ask yourself if you will be happy to initially put on then sts then loose? personally by the 3rd week i'd have given up.

think about what plan you are on.
think about your exercise regime.
discuss with your cdc.

i had a 2 week sts once. it was horrible. not my fault. i moved up plans and ost 8lbs in the 1st week. i was on ss and changed to 810 but i was running loads.

:clap:

Yes you can, ican (LOL) :)

The thing is, you've lost 29lbs in 7 weeks. That's just over 4lbs a week if you average it out. You just won't get those losses on any other diet. The average is a stone a month - well, you only need another pound to have that average spot on. You're not having slow losses. :) It's just that everyone (including me!!) want those great big losses they had in the first week(s).

Hang in there!

lily have i ever told you that you rock babes! :)

Thanks great things trying not to make such a big thing about the weight I feel better today even if the scales haven't moved my work trousers are so much looser :)

Back