Stuffed Sinus

funkystrut

Hi all,
I would just like to moan and groan about my sinus....there are a nightmare right now!! For past 2/3 week there have been really blocked. At times when I go to the sauna/steam room they open up and then after an hour they block again. I have rubbed Vicks on my nose....Tried doing the yoga breathing...it's relieves for a little while and then ....it gets Blocked again. Docs is my last resort as they are so busy and so am I and they will probably give me this nasal spray which eat up the insides of the nose!!

Any suggestions anyone!!! Sorry for whining....

hey have you tried sinutab or sudafed?? they both usually work wonders for me,,i practically use the entire packet!! also put vicks in a bowl of hot water and put a towel over your head and inhale it?,,think the vicks is more for blocked nose than sinus though..i would def go with sinutab or sudafed!..other than that the docs,,but hopefully you wont need that.....oh also theres some weird tapping thing you can do to unblock them..not sure about exact deets so you might have to google it....
hope that helps...feel better :D x

Funky.. Don't take any notice of pudge.. She hasn't really heard of a tapping technique- she is just trying to get you to bash yourself with a hammer!!!! lmaooooooooooooooo x x x

Only joking hun.. I am sorry you feel so bad, but i have never had this so i really can't help... Sorry x x x
I hope you feel better soon x x x

Sorry again pudge!! lol x x

pmsl!! lol!! its ok,,as i read over it it does sound a little crazy! :D x

Really do feel like doing that at times......bloody sinuses!!! Thx Pudge...will go to the chemist at lunch.....anything to get rid of it.

whenever I've had it my doctor has recommended the steam room rather than sinutabs or similar medication. They work alright but they really try up the inside of your entire head....not sure they're a good thing.

Take some oil of eucalyptus to the steam room with you and ask if they mind you using a few drops.....or bung it on a damp towel, you'll need one to wipe your snozzer with anyway x

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well Funky, it's a horrible time of year for this kind of thing. I get bad sinus quite a lot and I always use Otrivine, have done for the past 13 years now. I know it's probably not as good for you as natural remedies but it relieves my symptoms so completely and so quickly. It does open up the tubes a lot, so a deep breath can feel like a blizzard coming up your nose but I'd take that anyday over a blocked and stuffy nose :) Whatever meds you get I hope you feel some relief soon, x

Back