Sugerfree gum

Ghost

Has anyone used sugerfree gum on this diet?

I dont think you're allowed im afraid. Its quite annoying as my breath reeeeeks atm. Mums complaining. I ordered some Listerine Mint Strips from Auravita but they havent arrived like 12 weeks later so we cancelled it. - I dont know if you can get them anymore...:) xx

The strips are on ebay. My local savers has them too.

I find brushing teeth and tongue several times a day does the trick. The OH certainly hasn't complained......!!!

I'm with you supaslimma. i permanently have a little bottle of mouthwash for after every meal (and any in between times i feel the need), mainly cos i couldn't find the strips anywhere. the listerine orange coloured one is almost pleasant, lol.

Yer not allowed the citrus listerine strips - only the mint ones :D

Is there any explanation as to why gum isn't allowed? There are sugarfree or completely unsweetened ones around, but they still mention we're not to chew any. Why would that be, has anyone figured?
I so wish I could chew on something... I'm eyeing a dirty eraser that's been sitting on my desk for months, it appears quite yummi...:sick:

Yer not allowed the citrus listerine strips - only the mint ones :D

what about orange coloured mouthwash? i bought a bottle last week (only had 1 swig of a friend's 3 weeks ago to try it...)

Am not sure about the mouthwash all i know is that citrus can take you out of ketosis. But then again, your not swallowing mouthwash so am not sure sorry x

that's ok, i'll look at the ingredients :) ta

Is there any explanation as to why gum isn't allowed? There are sugarfree or completely unsweetened ones around, but they still mention we're not to chew any. Why would that be, has anyone figured?
I so wish I could chew on something... I'm eyeing a dirty eraser that's been sitting on my desk for months, it appears quite yummi...:sick:

Sugar free gum has an ingredient that we are not allowed to have whilst on LT. Plus, when you read certain drinks or foods are sugar free doesn't mean that you can't gain weight from having them as they replace it with something else to keep the taste.

me and my friend who both do LT always chew on sugar free extra gum the chemist said its fine? and our losses are still good, and in ketosis still

My pharmacist said I wasn't allowed sugar free gum but i could have sugar free polos as long as it was in moderation.

When i rang Lipotrim the other week they advised that the only Listerine that was allowed was the orignal one!

thanks Kat :) i shall palm that bottle off on a friend then!

however, there are about 289 listerines so i'll have to be careful which one i pick next time :sigh:

Ooooo i didnt know we were allowed the listerine strips! I'll get to ordering some of those pronto, my breath is horrible!

My pharmacist said I wasn't allowed sugar free gum but i could have sugar free polos as long as it was in moderation.

I am sure this isnt allowed?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i asked my chemist again bout sugar free gum and he said its fine, the reason they say not too is that it can make u hungry and then cause u to eat, i always chew on extra and have still lost the weight i needed

Thanks SBR08 for checking again with your chemist - I can get chewing now!!!

Back