Summer Soups

moideux

Anyone got a nice recipe for a summer/chilled soup? I know that Gazpacho one has been mentioned here, but I'm looking for other suggestions. I'm doing Red days, so I need to avoid potatoes, parsnip, pasta & rice if possible. Have just started a new job, and bringing in packed lunch with me and a chilled soup would be terrific. Hope everyone is enjoying the amazing weather :character00180:

Ta x

I have been making an amazing soup that's super easy and gorgeous!
It's seafood and haddock based. It's basically a bag of the seafood selection you get in tesco boiled up on veg stock. Add some chillies garlic and ginger, a bunch of spring onions, some sweetcorn and a tin of creamed corn. Literally just simmer it all up for half an hour and its good to go! Before serving I add two pieces of frozen haddock and when that's cooked and broken up its done. The pan lasts ages and its really light! I've just made some and added some snapped up pasta for a change. Hope this helps!

I've seen some recipes for chilled cucumber soups. There's some good varieties out there using FF Greek yogurt as a binder, I'd google some recipes for a low fat version. :)

Back