Superfree foods?

ArcMom

I am confused as to how i can have these.

For example, if i have the syn free chicken tikka masala on extra easy, i hate veg in my curry...so can i have say an apple or 2 after? or before..does that still count?

Oh, and hi, new to SW btw ;) (although not to Minimims)

Maybe make a onion salad to go with your curry, cut up onion, tomato, cumcumber. Mix in a bowl with a little chili and mint sauce(1 syn per 1level tbsp if using sweetened). Though if your on red or EE not sure how it would work.

What's the sauce for the tikka massalla made up of because tinned tomatoes etc are included in superfree....you are meant to have to superfree food on your plate to try and limit the amount of other food you eat I believe which won't work if you are eating them last...perhaps you could eat melon or other superfree foods before you start your curry if you really can't abide them in your curry ;)

I would actually recomend you eat the apple before hand tbh, as well after a filling meal like that you might feel less inclined to eat something after. Plus i;ve always used the dont eat fruit after a meal thingy lol.

Hi there

I have 1/2 a grapefruit 1/2hr before most of my meals (gives my brain time to register I have eaten before I eat my main meal;))-Im eating sooo much less for my meals that way, if I do something like curry n rice I serve mine into a small bowl on a plate and then fill the plate with veggies/salad... it really makes less room for the higher cal stuff... although it helps that I love any veg -with anything :p

the sauce is made from tikka spice mix, fat free natural yoghurt, lemon juice, fat free natural fromage frais....
It is the recipie in the book i got with my pack.

Just thought, i could chuck in a load of chopped onion, and think i will have an apple before hand..surely that would be enough?

But, would it count as 1/3 being superfree, for other meals, i munch on an apple just before my meal, as opposed to having something on the plate?

what about mushrooms....can you cope with them in a curry....they do advise you to have them on the plate but if you really can't then having something before will definitely help ;)

Have you thought about getting a hand blender? You could add in all sorts...onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, sweetcorn and then just blitz it with a blender to make a smooth sauce, the curry would overpower most of the vege tastes.

Have you thought about getting a hand blender? You could add in all sorts...onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, sweetcorn and then just blitz it with a blender to make a smooth sauce, the curry would overpower most of the vege tastes.

ooh, that is a good idea..i am quite fussy, i like plain veg, carrots, peas, etc...cant stand sweetcorn, mushrooms..if i blend them, i can pretend they are not there!

sweetcorn isn't a superfree food (neither are peas or parsnips).

I would try not to get in the habit of eating an apple before each meal and counting it as superfree, as that is not how the plan was devised or intended. The superfree should be part of the meal to help reduce the portion of free foods on your plate. If you had an apple before the meal, your meal could still have free food portions far too big to enable you to lose weight. Eg, if you had an apple before a meal (65 calories) and then had a meal of just rice (300cals ) and curry (300) you would be taking in a total of 665 calories. If you reduced the portion on your plate by a thirds and substituted it for vegetables instead, your calorie intake would instantly reduce by 200 calories. (I'm not using exact calorie counts, just rough guesses to highlight the point!).

The veg can be mixed into the meal however you like, so blending them into sauces is fine, the important thing is that they are on your plate and in your meal.

If you blend fruit it's no longer filling, where as vegetables still retain their filling-ness (i'm sure there's a better word!). It would be very easy to eat 8 apples if they were blended without feeling full, but very difficult to eat 8 leeks blended without feeling stuffed.

Also, when fruit is blended the sugars it contains are released into your bloodstream much more quickly. Your body will metabolise the sugar much more quickly which means your blood sugar levels will rise and then fall much more quickly, meaning you will feel hungry again much more quickly.

As there is little or no sugar in vegetables, blending them will have little or no effect.

Back