Supermarket Cafe - Is it just me ....

Minimunchkins

Gold Member
I've been to many cafe's and seen shoppers 'park' their full trolley while they queue, choose, pay & finally eat a full meal followed with a cuppa & often good old chat.
Now, is it just me or would you not think it'd be a teensy bit more sensible to eat first and THEN select your chilled / frozen groceries :confused:

I used to work in a supermarket cafe (never again!).

It happened all the time, it amazes me how people just don`t think. The same folks would leave their trolley, frozen goods would defrost and then they would complain about the quality. They`d usually get a replacement to get them to leave the store.

The other sort of folk are those who would do their shopping but "park" their children in the cafe unattended. Expecting staff to look after them. Cafe staff weren`t childminders if anything happened to the little darlings the staff would have been held responsible. The customers would be most upset to be told that an adult from their party, not staff, had to supervise the kids.

No it's not just you. It has always been a puzzle to me.

Actually, I don't think I have ever eaten in a supermarket cafe - they don't look very appealing to me. And I would rather go in, do my shopping and get home quick!

Back