Suzie's WW's dairy - Please support me :)

Suzie_Parker

Hi Everyone!

This is my first thread and I hope that you will support me. :)

Here is my story:

I've managed to keep a decent weight these past few years. I exercised regularly and I ate right and it worked for me.

Until I started chronic medicine that made my metabolism slower and made me wanting to eat more. I gained a few pounds and I went to a dietitian to help me lose weight and to help me eat healthier and right with my medicine. It was also 6 months before my wedding, so I wanted to look hot in my dress.

The dietitian turned out to be a nightmare! She made me eat almost double that I was eating. I started to gain more weight with her stupid diet. She just said that it's normal to gain a little bit of weight in the beginning. It really frustrated me, but I decided to trust her.

My fiancée at the time also said that I should go with her diet, as she is the expert. After I've gained 10 pounds on her diet, I decided to give it up.

After that I've just followed my own head and tried to eat less and healthy.

Then we got married in November 2010 and I gained a few more pounds with the honeymoon and with Christmas.

I decided that enough is enough and that I want my old body back!

I've joined weight watchers 8 weeks ago and I'm very glad that I did join!

My weight loss went good in the first few weeks. But soon after I found it difficult to stick to my points, as I was cheating and got in the habit of having a block of chocolate when I felt like it (it's only half a point was my reasoning).

I had a real hard look at my diet and saw that I could easily have sticked to my points if I have been strict enough.

So from now on I'm going to be more disciplined and stick to my points no matter what.

Please support my thread and help me have success with weight watchers!

I've got 20 pounds more to lose and I want to do it in about 5 months. So I hope by September I will be looking more like my old self.

Hi just popping in to say good luck! You've hit the nail on the head, it's all about sticking to the points and making them work for you! Seems like you're well on track x

hi suzie

i also have around 20 pounds to lose and want to do it before my holiday in late september so we'll have to encourage each other!

i have been finding ww pp great until this long weekend :break_diet:

xx

Hi Suzie :)
Wanted to say hi & good luck with WW!
Your post hit home with me as i also got put on medication that contributed to a gain of 2 extra stone.
I've just started ProPoints too - i hope it works for both of us! :)
CGx

Thanks for the comments.

SO far It's been up and down. I've done good in the beginning with weight watchers and then I've gained a few here and there (especially over the long weekend). Special occasions,like my friend's bachelorette party this weekend are also very difficult.

It is a bit discouraging to struggle to lose weight, but weight loss is not an easy thing to do. I am in this for the long run and I don't really mind how long it takes to lose my weight, just as long as I do lose it.

Although I can't wait to lose weight - my husband told me he would buy my a nice levi curve jean once I've lost my weight.

I will add some before photos to my photo album soon.

Hi Suzie. It sounds like you know exactly what you are doing and what you need to do to be successful so i hope we can help you keep that focus. You'll be slipping those Levi's on in no time! xxx

Hi Suzie, just wanted to welcome you on the site and help you along the way if i can. You have the right attidude that you are in this for the long haul and dont expect this to happen overnight. There will be blips along the way but its what you do when you get up the next morning that counts !!!!!!!!!:welcome:

I agree! I realized this morning that the my next 12 weeks with weight watchers will go easier and I'm sure I'll be more successful. The 1st 12 weeks were just to get used to the program, change my eating habits and iron out the kinks and learn some new strategies.

I know now how to deal with unhealthy snacks at a bachelorette party and what to do to stick to my points. I'll always keep a meal replacement bar at my side to eat when there are not healthy food nearby. And I know that it is the little things (a block of chocolate or a drink, here and there), that make me go over my points.

The longer we are in this weight loss game, the smarter we get! We can do it!

i like that fighting talk. you will knock those lbs off in the next 12 week xxx thanks for the FB add, btw xx

Pleasure, Karen!

I've weighed in yesterday and I've gained another pound. But I'm convinced that it was my heavy boots that contributed to some of those pounds. When I weighed myself at home with and without my boots there was a big difference. Next time I will take lighter shoes along.

The thing I find the most difficult is special events, where you don't know exactly how many points something is. It was my friends wedding this weekend and I thought according to my calculations that I didn't go over my points. But apparently the wedding's foods were more points that I thought.

When I weighed in and gained again (I've had 3 bad weeks were I've gained a pound each), it was really disappointing and hard. But as I've told my group leader - I will try until I get it right.

That's the important thing, isn't it? Just to keep on trying no matter how hard it gets!

Thats it exactly Suzie ,Keep on going. Try to look at the monthly picture rather than the weekly (I know thats hard because we are naturally impatient.) . Our bodies arnt machines and will drop the pounds when it feels like it !!!.

I am in it for the long haul (5st) and dont really care how long it takes. I have to do this for my health and my family. (Clothes come a very close second!!!)
A pound a week is my goal and if i get more some weeks thats a bonus!!!!!!!. Pick up a pound of butter and say to yourself well thats gone off my ass:eek::eek::D

Also put up weight due to medication , Its a pain.

It's frustrating but it can take a while to make the programme work fir you. Keep at it though and you'll get there!
It took a while for my weight to creep up to where it is now - and it's going to take a while for it to creep back down again. I've set lots of small goals which don't involve losing lots of weight, just steady progress. It keeps me motivated to be strict with myself.
Keep with it and you'll get there!

hope you are getting on well Suzie xxx

My current small goals are
Lose one pound more to lose my first half stone
Lose three pounds more to get to 10% off
Lose five more pounds to break through a stone barrier.
Get into my fav dress
Lose eight more pounds to be at the same weight I was when I had my wedding dress fitted
Look good in my fav dress - not pregnant (this may be more of a long term goal!) I do want to wear in in a month(ish) so fingers crossed!
I will come up with more on the way, but the good thing is I recon I can reach one every two weeks at least.
Will also be adding things like dropping bmi to below a certain number or dropping inches - just haven't got there yet.
Hope that helps.

My weight loss dry spell is broken! I've lost all the weight that I've gained this past 3 weeks (3.5 pounds). From now on it's only downhill.

Hope all of you are also doing good!

My current small goals are
Lose one pound more to lose my first half stone
Lose three pounds more to get to 10% off
Lose five more pounds to break through a stone barrier.
Get into my fav dress
Lose eight more pounds to be at the same weight I was when I had my wedding dress fitted
Look good in my fav dress - not pregnant (this may be more of a long term goal!) I do want to wear in in a month(ish) so fingers crossed!
I will come up with more on the way, but the good thing is I recon I can reach one every two weeks at least.
Will also be adding things like dropping bmi to below a certain number or dropping inches - just haven't got there yet.
Hope that helps.

That sound good! I think I should also get me goals like that.

Hello just wanted to say well done for getting rid of that 3.5lbs!

Back