Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

SW and cholesterol

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by SilverSlimmer, 4 August 2011 Social URL.

1. SilverSlimmer

SilverSlimmer Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.2lb(13.62%)
    Hi,
    I am thinking about joining SW but I need to stick to a cholesterol lowering diet, i.e. low saturated fat. And wondered if it would be compatible. I am really happy with my present diet and I am losing weight, but oh so slowly and really would like to speed up a bit. However the health considerations have to take priority.

I would love to hear your views please.
    Cheers SilverS

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think it's perfect all fats are synned, spread/mayo/oil etc
    Cheese and dairy are limited so skimmed milk is acceptable I would think?

Eggs do not have any effect on the cholesterol in the blood.
    My friend said she wished she'd known about slimming world when she was on a cholesterol reducing diet.

4. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes it would definately be perfect for lowering cholesterol, however, it is not a quick fix diet, it is healthy eating & you'll find you will lose weight but maybe not a quickly as you would like.

5. SilverSlimmer

SilverSlimmer Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.2lb(13.62%)
    Oh, I am not looking for a really quick fix as I don't think that is a good idea. It has taken me almost a year to lose a stone so I am looking to improve on that. I would be really happy with a pound a week. I am looking to improve my health as well as my shape and really want to get into the normal BMI range.

Thanks for the info!
    SilverS

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.