SW and IBS

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by EllieWood, 9 February 2011 Social URL.

1. EllieWood

EllieWood Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(13.64%)
    Hi all,

Just wondering if there are any slimming worlders out there who also suffer from IBS. I've had it for some time but it seems to have got worse since I started slimming world about a month ago, I'm wondering if there is something in the diet that maybe triggering it? My doctor has put me on meidcation to trial but doesnt seem to be working.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MichelinMummy

MichelinMummy Full Member

I found the same thing. It's probably down to all the extra fibre from the fruit and veg!

Unfortunately, that means there isn't much that can be done :(

I'm presuming you mean needing to 'go' more often and extra wind? Sorry for TMI!

4. EllieWood

EllieWood Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(13.64%)
    not necessarily having to go more, just extra wind, bloating & general feeling uncomfortable. maybe it is the extra fibre, hopefully my body will get used to it and adjust.

5. bunnylovesalan

bunnylovesalan Proud Mama :)

I have IBS and on medication as well, but it has to get a blance as it is up and down as my emotions are like that, which effect my IBS. I have had the whole problem most of life but only itenfied last year with the help of my OH as I am not got the skills to express my difficulties or even be a where their is a problem. I find carbs can be a problem around a difficult patch and I try and reduce them :)

With IBS it can work both ways where you go toilet frequently or you don't go toilet frequently. Some days I don't go for a week and other days I am sitting on the toilet, grrrr!

6. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    My ibs has gotten progressivly worst since starting sw but........ i curbed my intake of dairy and also my tummy is getting used to it now, I think its the big increase in fiber tbh as well its been a huge jump. Plan is still awesome and i'm not going off plan but i might have to go back to the doctors until it decides to calm down again

7. EllieWood

EllieWood Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(13.64%)
    Thanks for your replies guys. I'm defo going to stick with the plan but have started to keep a more detailed diary of what I eat/when the pain comes etc. hopefully it will sort itself out but keeping this diary incase I need to look into further.

8. Mala23

Mala23 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    18st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.38%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Hi,

I suffer from IBS and I've noticed that my triggers are stress and very high fat foods (such as takeaways) - which I've cut out now so my IBS is a lot more under control. I drink 2 litres of water, which helps a lot and I think the fibre in this plan has been helping too. I've tried all sorts of medication but Spasmanol works the best! It's so effective, I love it :)

Maybe you could ask for spasmonal About Spasmonal - it helps relax spasms and the bloating. As for triggers, if you keep a food diary and notice you have IBS one day...make a note and see when it is happening more frequently.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.