SW and IBS

EllieWood

Hi all,

Just wondering if there are any slimming worlders out there who also suffer from IBS. I've had it for some time but it seems to have got worse since I started slimming world about a month ago, I'm wondering if there is something in the diet that maybe triggering it? My doctor has put me on meidcation to trial but doesnt seem to be working.

I found the same thing. It's probably down to all the extra fibre from the fruit and veg!

Unfortunately, that means there isn't much that can be done :(

I'm presuming you mean needing to 'go' more often and extra wind? Sorry for TMI!

I have IBS and on medication as well, but it has to get a blance as it is up and down as my emotions are like that, which effect my IBS. I have had the whole problem most of life but only itenfied last year with the help of my OH as I am not got the skills to express my difficulties or even be a where their is a problem. I find carbs can be a problem around a difficult patch and I try and reduce them :)

With IBS it can work both ways where you go toilet frequently or you don't go toilet frequently. Some days I don't go for a week and other days I am sitting on the toilet, grrrr!

My ibs has gotten progressivly worst since starting sw but........ i curbed my intake of dairy and also my tummy is getting used to it now, I think its the big increase in fiber tbh as well its been a huge jump. Plan is still awesome and i'm not going off plan but i might have to go back to the doctors until it decides to calm down again

Hi,

I suffer from IBS and I've noticed that my triggers are stress and very high fat foods (such as takeaways) - which I've cut out now so my IBS is a lot more under control. I drink 2 litres of water, which helps a lot and I think the fibre in this plan has been helping too. I've tried all sorts of medication but Spasmanol works the best! It's so effective, I love it :)

Maybe you could ask for spasmonal About Spasmonal - it helps relax spasms and the bloating. As for triggers, if you keep a food diary and notice you have IBS one day...make a note and see when it is happening more frequently.

Back