SW books to buy ?

staceyb_2003

As a new member what books would you recommend i buy that would be my slimming world bible ? whats your book you cannot do without ?

Are you a group member? If so, the only book you need is your Food Optimising book which comes in the starter pack (it's an orange book).

Everything you need to know about the plans is in that book, and it will become your bible throughout your Slimming World Journey.

I've never bought any other books whilst on Slimming World - have never seen the need to. I have access to Slimming World online, Minimins, and my Consultants phone number if I ever need advice with Syns, recipes, etc. The only 'book' I ever buy is the monthly magazine, which is full of tips, motivational stories, recipes and much more.

You can successfully follow the plan without buying any additional books.

Princess_Stevie said:
Are you a group member? If so, the only book you need is your Food Optimising book which comes in the starter pack (it's an orange book).

Everything you need to know about the plans is in that book, and it will become your bible throughout your Slimming World Journey.

I've never bought any other books whilst on Slimming World - have never seen the need to. I have access to Slimming World online, Minimins, and my Consultants phone number if I ever need advice with Syns, recipes, etc. The only 'book' I ever buy is the monthly magazine, which is full of tips, motivational stories, recipes and much more.

You can successfully follow the plan without buying any additional books.

Ditto!

I've bought the odd recipe book as a treat, but don't really use them much and they certainly aren't a necessity!

I have about 8 recipe books and wouldn't reccommend any of them. All of the recipes are floating about on the internet- all the best ones on this forum often have little tweaks which make them easier to cook or tastier (see here).

I have a cookbook addiction so I buy some of the SW books as treats when I hit my own little weight loss targets. I have to say that they're ok for inspiration but not for the actual recipes. I do tend to only use my cookbooks for ideas though, then tweak as necessary to fit to what's in the cupboards etc. If you prefer following recipes to the letter they might suit you better.

This site and your Food Optimising book is really all you need.

The only book you really need is as others have said the book you get when you join.
I have found food directories go out of date quite quickly so thought they were awaste of money.
You can get most of the recipes online or in the mags at some point.
I have quite a few books my fave is the curry heaven book and I also like the family feasts for under a fiver and extra easy book.

Back