SW books

JoJo-T-to-be

Hi, does anyone know if you can walk into a SW group and buy the recipe books without actually joining?

I would like the extra easy one but when I've checked on eBay & amazon they are silly prices. I have a few books I have bought from previous memberships and they were all less than £5!

I can't afford to become a regular member and I'm going back to work soon after maternity leave so I really don't have the time either :-(

Thanks x

I don't think you can. I can ask later (if i remember- my memory is terrible :( ) at weigh in.

But, if you have to be a member- i would wait until its half price membership (not sure if it is atm) and just pay for the membership and one class- and buy all the books then. would be cheaper than ordering online

also- maybe check freecycle.

(if you dont know what it is- its basically a group of people who give stuff away to save it going to landfill) there should be a group reasonably local to you :) or maybe check gumtree?

good luck hun

I don't think you can. I can ask later (if i remember- my memory is terrible :( ) at weigh in.

But, if you have to be a member- i would wait until its half price membership (not sure if it is atm) and just pay for the membership and one class- and buy all the books then. would be cheaper than ordering online

Its ALWAYS either half price membership, or first week free - I've never seen anyone pay more than £10 on thier first day (apart from buying countdowns etc)

I wonder how they get away with it - for something to be a special offer I'm sure its supposed to be sold at the full price for a specific amount of time, but I've been taking the money for over a year now and never seen it full price. Maybe as they alternate the offers between half price membership and first week free thats how they get away with it.

I'd recommend going to just the one group at least - that way, you get the new member talk, the joiners pack with the food optimising book, as well as the chance to buy some recipe books.

You might need to be prepared to go for 2 weeks, as the consultants usually only keep display copies of the books and have to order them in, so the books you want might not be there on the day you join.

Or you could decide what books you want in advance and give the C a call before you join to see if she can order them in for you on the day you join.

Thanks for that, had a look but nothing doing. My friend goes to group on a Friday I may just ask her to pick me one up!

Are you experienced in extra easy?? I'm not so was wondering if I could pick your brains :) xx

i wouldnt say experienced- but ive been at sw for 16 weeks and all on EE. So ask away- if i cant help then im sure i can direct you to somewhere that may have an answer :)

I spoke to my C, and she said that it depends entirely on the consultant- but a rule of thumb is you *should* be a member. I would say go anyways- you get access to the online stuff- and they are a lifesaver :D

little_bubblez said:
i wouldnt say experienced- but ive been at sw for 16 weeks and all on EE. So ask away- if i cant help then im sure i can direct you to somewhere that may have an answer :)

I spoke to my C, and she said that it depends entirely on the consultant- but a rule of thumb is you *should* be a member. I would say go anyways- you get access to the online stuff- and they are a lifesaver :D

Thanks for asking for me! I think I will go and join.

Ok here's me questions! I have never done EE before but want to give it a try this week after doing mainly red days last week. I know that you can have as much free food as you like on your plate as long as 1/3 is superfree foods but I was wondering if that's at every meal? Or could I have a red breakfast, green dinner then an EE tea?? With just 1 HEA and 1 HEB that day??

Just saw your post on Tuesday's thread - well done you that's brilliant!! :)

xx

Thanks for asking for me! I think I will go and join.

Ok here's me questions! I have never done EE before but want to give it a try this week after doing mainly red days last week. I know that you can have as much free food as you like on your plate as long as 1/3 is superfree foods but I was wondering if that's at every meal? Or could I have a red breakfast, green dinner then an EE tea?? With just 1 HEA and 1 HEB that day??

Just saw your post on Tuesday's thread - well done you that's brilliant!! :)

xx

You can mix and match days through the week, but within a day you should pick a plan and stick to it for that day.

The point of the 1/3 superfree on EE is to naturally force you to limit overeating on carbs and proteins without having to think about it or get the scales out every time you want to eat. So really speaking you should try and fit in 1/3 superfree at every meal. Personally, I wouldnt die in ditch over it if you didnt manage it every time - and dont be trying to get round it by saying "oh, well I'll have a piece of fruit afterwards" - if you werent already going to then you are just eating more food for the sake of it - but if you added veg to your plate, that would have left less room for meat and carbs - so naturally reduced your calorie intake without having to think about it.

If you have any more questions like this, try looking at some of the existing threads - I guarantee you will find the answers are already there! I've pasted links to the "Extra Easy for newcomers" and "FAQs" sticky threads below

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/116347-slimming-world-faqs.html
Also the search facility on this site is very good (when on a pc/laptop at least, doesnt work so well if you are on your phone I believe). Use the "search this forum" blue box at the top right of the thread lists.

You could have a bacon and mushroom omlette :) if the mushroom was 1/3 of the meal. I'd add some tomatoes to the plate just to be sure.

xx

Back