SW carbonara??

I have not tried it but it will probley have a bitter taste to the sauce I've used quark an yoghurt to make creamy sauces before so be prepared for that but if your adding chesse an lemon you may not get it best way make up a small portion an try it first as I made the soup yesterday that they say taste like Heinz well it was foul good luck let us know if you make it

I haven't tried this exact recipe but a lot of carbonara sauces are made in a similar way (with the egg creating a sauce). Using the egg in this way makes for a really luxurious and creamy sauce that is SW friendly! Word of warning though, if you get the egg too hot it will scramble which is kind of unpleasant! The eggs should be quite safe to eat with the residual heat from the pasta thickening and partially cooking them. Here's some more discussion about it: http://www.seriouseats.com/talk/2009/04/can-i-get-sick-from-raw-eggs-in-pasta-carbonara.html

Let me know if you try it with the cheddar :)

Thanks.... I read about making sure not to scramble the eggs.... mmmm scrambled egg pasta!!!

It'll be Friday's dinner so I'll let you know how I get on with it. Going to try it with cheddar as that's what we've got in.

Sexyshell.... I've not used fromage frais, yogurt or quark in cooking before (other than putting a dolop of yogurt in a curry).... is there much difference between the 3???

If you interested I made the nacho style feast the other day and that was amazing!!
http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/nacho-style-feast.aspx

I've seen the nacho feast but the phlliy light is only in asda an we don't have one local yet, some people before quark some natural yoghurt I think the yoghurt has less of a after taste never used the fromage frais but I do like that as its thicker

Wow the nacho feast looks amazing! I'm going to have to give that a try!

It was recomended by a friend!

I didnt use fresh tomatos and just used the whole 400g tin of chopped tomatos (my husband doesnt like fresh tomatos but doesnt mind tinned as they don't look like tomatos!!)

I read that post seaelain.... I didn't realise it was such a hot subject for people to get so heated about!! Lol :eek:

To be honest I never realise that's what carbonara sauce was made out of.... I've always just bought a jar from Tesco!!

Back