SW CHIPS - bulk

mama_mia

Silver Member
Does anyone know how to make SW chips(uncooked) in bulk for fridge or freezer?

I'm probably being silly here but i'm not sure why you would want to bulk make them? If you want to store them uncooked - then all you're doing is storing chopped potatoes which takes a few minutes to do?

Unless you meant chopping them, boiling them and then freezing at that stage?

x

Sorry (posted this twice by accident)

That's exactly what I wanted advice on. I am pressed for time and cook on a Sunday maybe once during the week. Anything that will help the process is welcomed.
Will try the freezing technique you mentioned?

Sorry (posted this twice by accident)

That's exactly what I wanted advice on. I am pressed for time and cook on a Sunday maybe once during the week. Anything that will help the process is welcomed.
Will try the freezing technique you mentioned?

i peel and chop then par boil for 5 mins then spread out on baking trays that have be frylited and allow to cool, when cool place into small freezer bags portion sized.
there you go hun, thats the way i make mine in advance.

Thanks cupofteapet (love the name), I'll give that a go. Anything that saves me time is much welcomed. Mmwah x x

Cuppa, do you line the trays first? If so, what do you line them with???

Where there's a will..... said:
I think it said they had fry light on them :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah, but ive found that sometimes food sticks to things in the freezer regardless of fry light.

For example, I made a lovely batch of KFC chicken fillets and froze them on foil. When I went to separate them they were stuck!

Back